Familiarizing Yourself with Tampa Addiction Treatment Services
Tampa addiction treatment services are a top-notch choice for your addiction needs. If you, or someone you care about, is struggling with addiction to drugs or alcohol, contact WhiteSands Treatment at (877)-855-3470 to speak with an addiction specialist. The staff is prepared to guide you through this process in any way possible.
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, drug addiction is a “chronic disease characterized by compulsive, or uncontrollable, drug seeking and use despite harmful consequences and changes in the brain, which can be long-lasting.”
Drug addiction is a disease in which the patient may relapse. Like asthma or diabetes – there are periods of stability but sometimes, there may be a flare-up of the condition. Tampa addiction treatment services understand the aforementioned and staff members will help you learn how to avoid a relapse.
While addiction begins with a voluntary act, the individual may not have any control over whether or not they become addicted. What seems fun at first leads to building a tolerance and seeking out the drug more and more often. Once this occurs, the individual will experience withdrawal symptoms if they try to stop using. Addiction treatment programs Tampa recognize the fact that addiction is a disease.
Principles of Treatment
The following items should be part of a drug treatment program according to a scientific study conducted in the 70’s. While the study was conducted long ago – the findings remain true today.
- Treatment varies by the individual and no one treatment is right for everyone.
- Effective treatment should include care for all of the patient’s needs – not only their drug addiction.
- Addiction is a disease that alters behavior and brain function.
- It is crucial that the patient remains in treatment for as long as is necessary.
- Throughout the process, the treatment plan should be revisited and modified and much as necessary.
- Medications may be needed during treatment.
- Behavioral therapy is the most popular form of treatment.
- If medications are to be used in treatment, the patient must be monitored on a continuing basis.
- Detox is only the first stage of treatment; a rehab program is the next step.
- If the patient has other illnesses, such as depression or bipolar disorder – they should be treated accordingly. The patient needs to be treated for both afflictions in order to be productive.
- It is vital that patients be screened for HIV/AIDS and other infectious diseases.
While at a center for addiction treatment Tampa, you can be sure the principles above are utilized. To receive help, all you have to do is call WhiteSands Treatment at (877)-855-3470 You are not alone in your rehabilitation.
Tampa addiction treatment services include detox, if necessary. Detox is the process whereby the body rids itself of drugs and toxins. At times, symptoms associated with drug withdrawal are so savage that medications must be administered. In this case, a medical professional will administer the medication and the patient will be monitored closely.
Addiction treatment programs Tampa are a fantastic setting in which to get clean. Behavioral therapy is an indispensable part of this process. Therapy will help the addict recognize the root-cause of their addiction and help them learn to cope with it. Therapy also helps modify the attitude and behavior of the addict. Tampa addiction treatment services offer holistic options during treatment in addition to the traditional tools.
While treatment for drug addiction is a personal affair, you do not have to do this on your own. The staff at addiction treatment Tampa are experienced and want to help you. Many people have completed rehab programs and proceeded to live full lives. Contact WhiteSands Treatment to speak with a professional and get the help you deserve.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.