A Brief Discussion on Tampa Drug Treatment Centers: Everything you need to know
There is much stigma surrounding addiction and one should tread lightly when attempting to confront an addict. They may feel ashamed and/or embarrassed. There is nothing to be ashamed about, however. Addiction is a permanent and persisting disease that is characterized by compulsive drug-seeking behavior. At Tampa drug treatment centers, you will find that the atmosphere is that of support and comradery. Call WhiteSands Treatment today at (877)-855-3470 to learn how we can help turn your life around.
Tampa Drug Treatment Centers
It is important to realize that addiction is not a moral fault on the part of the addict. It is, indeed, a disease. More specifically, addiction is a brain disease. Use of drugs alters the properties of the brain and the effects may be irreversible. Addiction manifests in three different ways:
- Craving for the substance;
- Loss of control when it comes to using that substance; and
- Continued use of the drug although it causes a negative impact.
WhiteSands Treatment understands what addiction is and what it is not. While it is possible to overcome addiction, it is a slow and complicated process. In the 1930’s researchers believed that those who developed addictions were morally flawed or that they had no self-restraint. In those days, the addicts were punished. Not today! We live in a society that is beginning to understand the truth. Hopefully, this movement will empower individuals to seek help rather than shy away from it.
WhiteSands Treatment wants you to think of addiction like asthma or diabetes – the disease is usually under control but sometimes the disease flares up. Addiction can be under control until the addict slips and has a relapse (relapse is akin to a flare-up). This is not the 80’s and some people cannot just “say no.” Now, there are several avenues one may take to get sober. Additionally, researchers now know that other pleasurable activities can “hijack” the brain and cause one to become addicted:
The latest government statistics show that one in ten Americans is addicted to drugs and/or alcohol. Two-thirds of these individuals abuse alcohol. Although alcohol is a legal substance in this country, its effects can be disastrous and tragic. Cocaine, opioids, and marijuana come in right behind alcohol as the most prolific substances around today. Addiction treatment centers Tampa are staffed with professional and knowledgeable people who are ready to help you in any way that they can.
Based on scientific research, there are some general principles of effective treatment that most programs follow (including Tampa drug treatment centers):
- Addiction is a treatable disease.
- When an individual comes into a detox or rehab center, they should be tested for HIV/AIDS, hepatitis, and other such diseases and teach the person about what they can do to minimize their risk of exposure in the future.
- If medications are administered during any phase of the process, they must be monitored vigilantly to ensure it is not being misused.
- Medically assisted detox is the first step and not the entirety of treatment.
- One treatment does not fit all. Each treatment plan should be tailored to the individual.
- Other mental illnesses should be taken into account when creating the treatment plan.
- The treatment plans need to be reviewed and changed as necessary.
- Effective treatment needs to take into account all of the issues of the individual – not only the drug use.
- In order to be successful, one must remain in treatment for as long as necessary.
- The most common forms of treatment include counseling and therapy.
At a Tampa addiction center, you will receive comprehensive treatment in a caring environment. Recovery is for life. Call addiction treatment centers Tampa today to find out how you can break free from the grips of addiction. You can also learn how to prevent relapses and what the root cause of your addiction is. One call will change your life.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.