Out of State Rehab Centers – What You Should Know
Out of state rehab centers are a keen choice when considering your treatment options. Being in close proximity to your drug dealers and addicted friends may not be a wise decision. Additionally, being surrounded by triggers is always difficult.
5 Reasons Out of State Rehab Centers Are Worth the Effort
The staff at out of state drug rehab centers understand (are empathetic) to the fact that you are far from your family and support system. This is why they foster an environment where everyone can share, and hopefully, develop a clean and sober support system.
It goes without saying that it may cost a bit more to get there, but once you do, you will realize that the benefits far outweigh the sad feelings you will experience at first. Below are some benefits that out of state rehabs are worth the trip.
- This is a real shot for you to start completely over, which will give you a much better opportunity for you to recover. There is no one around that you are acquainted with, thus, making it more difficult for you to source drugs. This is a real issue for many addicts in rehab.
- Out of state rehab centers provide a better chance for you to complete the program successfully. Do you really want to buy a ticket home before you have finished treatment? Was it all in vain? Thinking about these things may help you stick around before giving up.
- Leaving the state to seek treatment has another benefit which will appeal to certain people. Leaving the state allows you to choose a location where you feel relaxed. For example – someone from New York City in the winter may want to fly down to Fort Lauderdale to be nearer to a beach and the warm weather. Whatever it takes to get you sober – do it.
- Out of state drug rehab centers offer something you cannot get close to home – a distraction-free setting. Sometimes, like myself for example, when someone is in treatment, they tend to worry about everyone else except themselves. What is going on with my family, my boyfriend, my job?
- Privacy is of the utmost importance for some individuals. Imagine you are a well-known attorney or physician. I am certain you would want to assure that your privacy is protected and that you can keep this under wraps (so to speak). Leaving the state should ensure your anonymity and privacy as being far from home will make it more difficult for people to recognize you.
Remember that choosing the right treatment center is very personal. The professionals at treatment centers are trained to make your stay as comfortable and productive as possible. Getting sober from drug and alcohol addiction is priceless – so you should do whatever it is that you need to in order to obtain that goal. This is only a short period of time considering the rest of your life may be better because of this experience. Do not wait to get help. The more quickly you enter a program, the happier you will be.
“Walking out” of rehab is common. It is vital to be in a spot where one cannot simply walk out the front door. If you are in another state – you will need to source a ticket home. This period is for you to worry about yourself and not anyone else. You should be your first priority – without your sobriety, your life will become increasingly difficult.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.