Are you searching for detox in Tampa? Find out more about the importance of detox.
Do you need a drug or alcohol detox? If you are interested in detoxing from chemicals there are a few things you should know about the detox process. Detox is the process of removing chemical substances from your body that you have become dependent on. Detoxing from specific substances on your own can be dangerous and create life-threatening medical complications. It is a fact that many addicts who try going “cold turkey” often relapse – and worst yet, can have serious medical difficulties. WhiteSands Treatment provides the best detox in Florida where you are safely monitored and treated by medical professionals. Here are a few things to consider before you begin the detox process:
- Addiction has a debilitating effect on the body and many addicts are malnourished, dehydrated and anemic. Before a patient is put through the grueling process of detoxification, he should first be physically stabilized so that he can withstand withdrawal symptoms. At our detox Tampa facility, you will be clinically evaluated and stabilized before you begin your detox phase of treatment.
- The initial phase of a medical detox can be difficult for the patient because his body will begin to react to the loss of the chemicals that it has become accustomed to. The body and mind were both affected by substance abuse and now they are trying to find balance without the presence of the drugs or alcohol. During the detox phase, the patient is closely monitored and kept stable, and is also assisted by a medical team and psychiatric staff. This assistance is important for the patient as withdrawal symptoms begin to peak and are at their worst. The patient may experience any of these drug and alcohol withdrawal symptoms:
- Extreme sweating, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, bone and muscle pain, insomnia,
- Anxiety, shaking, agitation, depression, mood swings, suicidal thoughts and acts, paranoia
- Hallucinations, delirium, tremors, seizures,
- Withdrawal from specific drugs, such as stimulants, can cause intense psychological withdrawal symptoms that can result in self-harm, severe depression or injury. Having an attending psychiatric team care for the patient at this time is of the utmost importance. An inpatient status is advised so that the patient can receive 24/7 medical care and supervision. High-quality centers that provide the best detox in Florida, with psychiatric medical personnel on staff to assist the patient.
- A medical detox allows for the patient to be treated with medications to assist the detox process and also to help assuage withdrawal symptoms. At White Sands Treatment, we provide pharmaceutical assistance to make the detox process less intense for the patient by limiting the effects of withdrawal symptoms. Specific medications are used to treat certain alcohol and drug detox. Benzodiazepines are often used to prevent or treat delirium and seizures during an alcohol detox. Naloxone and buprenorphine are often used to treat a patient who is detoxing from opiates. Medications can also be used to treat pain, insomnia and psychological distress.
- At our drug and alcohol detox facility, we treat each patient as an individual with their own specific needs and challenges. After you have had a clinical evaluation, our staff will devise a treatment program specifically for you. We recommend an inpatient status for any individual with a severe addiction, dual-diagnosis mental disorder, a multiple relapse history, addiction to specific drugs like crystal meth, and alcohol addiction.
At WhiteSands Treatment, you will receive the best detox in Florida in a relaxing, supportive safe haven. We are Florida State licensed and accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) to ensure that you receive the highest quality of care during your stay with us. We look forward to helping you overcome your addiction and begin to live a sober and healthy life.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.