About Perry Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
Perry substance abuse treatment programs are a great way to get sober and break free from the grips of addiction. Addiction is a chronic and relapsing disease that changes the way the brain of the addict functions. At first, taking drugs may be voluntary, but continuing to do so may not be. WhiteSands Treatment can help you get back on the path to sobriety, call now at 877-855-3470. With a full spectrum of treatment options, you are certain to take something away from this experience and lead a full and healthy life.
Perry Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
Perry substance abuse treatment programs recognize that addiction and recovery are very personal matters. As such, treatment is anonymous. When struggling with these issues, one must make a commitment to getting better because the process may be difficult at times.
Alcohol use disorders are sorted into two categories which refer to extreme drinking behaviors that may cause hazardous conditions for the individual and those who surround them.
Perry substance abuse treatment would like you to understand that although alcohol is a legal substance in the United States, it is highly addictive and can cause devastation to those addicted (and to their families).
- Alcohol abuse is described as a pattern of drinking that may result in unwanted outcomes, including:
- Legal issues
- Using the substance despite the negative consequences to your relationships and personal life
- Failure to accomplish personal, social, and work obligations
- Using alcohol in dangerous situations
Perry substance abuse treatment programs can help you get back on the right path.
- Alcohol dependence is the medical term for alcoholism. Alcohol dependence is characterized by the following:
- The alcoholic will continue drinking in spite of the knowledge that is affecting and hurting them mentally and physically – and may even be harming others.
- The person will need more and more alcohol in order to feel the same effects.
- Withdrawal symptoms will manifest once the individual ceases drinking (tremors, nausea, irritability, sweating, seizures, and hallucinations)
- The alcoholic will be unable to limit their own drinking and will have a constant craving for alcohol
Perry substance abuse treatment will work with you to ensure you receive the care you need and deserve. When struggling with alcoholism, rehab is a supreme choice once you are ready to get sober.
Perry substance abuse inpatient rehab suggests that those entering rehab for alcoholism should first endure detox. After the detox phase, the individual can move on to the rehab phase. Once admitted, the individual will be evaluated by specialists. After the assessment, it will be determined if you are a dual-diagnosis candidate.
Someone who has a dual-diagnosis is someone who is suffering, not only from alcoholism, but from an underlying mental health issue as well; such as bipolar disorder or severe depression. If this is the case, the person needs to be treated for the addiction and the mental health issue apart from each other for true recovery to occur.
During your stay in rehab, you should expect to adhere to a strict schedule. Early meetings and healthy meals are part of your recovery. During your free time, you may want to try yoga or meditation to get into a more relaxed state of mind. Various therapy sessions are offered throughout the day and you are expected to participate.
Perry substance abuse inpatient rehab wants you to understand that the reason for the strict schedule is to prepare you for re-entry into society. Getting into the habit of keeping this type of schedule will help you succeed on the outside. After a healthy lunch, more therapy sessions will be offered (and you must attend).
Do not let addiction dictate your life. Regain control and call WhiteSands Treatment. It may the best decision that you can make for yourself.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.