Compulsive alcohol abuse commonly leads to relationship and financial problems, legal troubles, and physical and mental health issues. Alcohol addiction is a chronic disease characterized by the inability to stop drinking even though it’s causing these or other problems in your life. The right Florida alcohol rehab programs can help you end an addiction before it leads to devastating health issues–or worse: According to the Centers for Disease Control, alcohol is responsible for 88,000 deaths every year in the U.S., and that doesn’t include fatalities related to driving under the influence.
How Alcoholic Rehab Centers Help You End an Addiction
Alcohol treatment starts with medical detox, which is a medically supervised detox process. Medications are administered as needed to reduce symptoms of withdrawal and prevent seizures and other dangerous effects of withdrawal.
But detox only addresses the physical dependence on alcohol. It does very little to address the addiction, which is a highly complex disease of the brain that leads to dysfunctional thoughts, ideas, and beliefs and dangerous or unhealthy behaviors.
Top rated alcohol rehab centers take a holistic approach to treatment that helps individuals restore all aspects of their lives. Through a variety of traditional and complementary therapies, Florida alcohol rehab programs help you:
- Identify harmful ways of thinking and behaving and replace these with healthier thought and behavior patterns.
- Address the underlying issues that led to the substance abuse and addiction, which often include a history of trauma, chronic stress, or mental illness.
- Develop the skills and strategies you need to cope with triggers like stress and cravings.
- Improve your self-awareness and self-esteem.
- Find purpose and meaning in a life without alcohol.
- Repair damaged relationships and restore function to the family system.
- Improve your physical and mental health through clinical care and medications, if needed.
- Address other issues in your life, such as job needs, legal troubles, and educational assistance to help you restore your life on all fronts.
WhiteSands Treatment is one of the top rated alcohol rehab centers in Florida, with a proven track record for helping individuals recover from an alcohol addiction for the long-term.
Inpatient vs. Outpatient Alcoholic Rehab Centers
Florida alcohol rehab programs are either inpatient programs or outpatient programs.
Inpatient rehab involves living at a residential rehab center while undergoing treatment. Inpatient treatment is essential for those who have:
- A long history of addiction
- Little support at home or in the community.
- An unsafe or unstable living situation.
- A co-occurring mental illness.
Inpatient rehab is generally more effective than outpatient rehab, and it offers a number of distinct benefits, including:
- Allowing you to focus solely on recovery.
- Offering a high level of peer and staff support.
- Providing around-the-clock support and supervision.
Outpatient Florida alcohol rehab programs involve living at home while attending treatment programming at an outpatient center during the day. Outpatient treatment can work successfully for people who have:
- A high level of motivation to recover.
- Ample support at home and in the community.
- A safe, stable place to live.
- Good physical and mental health aside from the addiction.
The benefits of outpatient treatment include:
- The ability to continue working, attending school, or caring for the family while undergoing treatment.
- The ability to put skills and strategies to use right away in the “real world.”
- A lower cost than inpatient treatment.
Choosing the type of program that’s right for you is essential for successful recovery. If you need help deciding which type of progam might be right for you, WhiteSands Treatment can help, or you can talk to an addiction counselor or other mental health professional.
Addiction treatment through one of WhiteSands’ alcoholic rehab centers can help you end your alcohol abuse, repair damaged relationships, improve your quality of life, and restore your sense of wellbeing. Treatment is worth it, and it works for most people who engage in it. It can work for you, too.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.