Narcotic rehab centers help people end a drug addiction for good, and they can help you, too.
Addiction takes a serious toll on all aspects of your life, but ending an addiction for good is extremely difficult without professional help. That’s because addiction almost always has underlying causes that must be addressed in order to end it. Addiction also changes the way your brain functions, which affects your thought and behavior patterns. Narcotic rehab centers help you address underlying causes of the addiction and change self-destructive ways of thinking and behaving, which dramatically improves your chances of long-term successful recovery.
What Causes Addiction?
Whether you become addicted as a result of abusing drugs or alcohol depends on a number of factors. Genetic factors account for about half of your risk of becoming addicted, and the remaining 50 percent depends on factors like your biology, psychology, environment, and culture.
It’s been well-established that the heavy substance abuse that leads to addiction almost always results from underlying issues, and addressing these through high quality narcotic rehab centers is essential. The most common underlying causes of addiction are:
- Chronic stress, such as the kind that comes from living in poverty, coping with medical or mental health problems, or living in an unsafe or unstable home.
- A history of trauma, such as childhood abuse, witnessing combat, or being the victim of a natural disaster.
- Mental illnesses like anxiety and depression, which are common in people with addictions.
In many cases, individuals use drugs or alcohol in an attempt to self-medicate stress, symptoms of trauma, and the symptoms of mental illness. Unfortunately, drugs and alcohol always make these problems worse by reducing your coping abilities and increasing the severity of–or even causing–anxiety, depression, and other mental illnesses. Addiction is progressive. Without professional help, it will typically grow worse with time.
Narcotic Rehab Centers: The Best Drug Rehabs in Florida
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration stresses that a holistic approach to treatment is central to successful recovery. There is no single treatment for addiction that works for every individual, so the best rehabilitation centers in Florida will offer a range of treatment therapies designed to address an individual’s multiple needs and delve into the complex issues behind the addiction.
Through traditional psychotherapies like cognitive-behavioral therapy, family therapy, and motivational interviewing and complementary therapies like art therapy, restorative yoga, and acupuncture, a whole-person approach helps addicted people:
- Identify harmful thought and behavior patterns and replace them with healthier ways of thinking and behaving.
- Develop a toolkit of skills and strategies to cope with relapse triggers like stress and cravings.
- Address mental health issues through therapy and medications, if needed.
- Address underlying issues.
- Restore function to the family system.
- Repair relationships.
- Address educational, vocational, or legal issues.
- Find ways to relax and have fun while sober.
- Find purpose and meaning in a life without drugs or alcohol.
The best drug rehabs in Florida offer individualized treatment plans that treat all aspects of the addiction for whole-person healing.
Inpatient and Outpatient Narcotic Rehab Centers
The two main types of treatment are inpatient and outpatient.
Inpatient treatment involves living at a residential facility while undergoing treatment. Inpatient narcotic rehab centers are essential for people who have:
- A long history of addiction.
- An unsafe living environment.
- Little support at home or in the community.
- A co-occurring mental illness.
Inpatient treatment enables people to focus solely on recovery in a comfortable, structured, and stable environment.
Outpatient treatment involves living at home while attending daily programming at an outpatient rehab center. Outpatient treatment can for people who:
- Have a high level of intrinsic motivation to recover.
- Have a safe and stable place to live.
- Have a high level of support at home and in the community.
- Have reliable transporation.
- Are in good mental and physical health, aside from the addiction.
Outpatient treatment is less expensive than inpatient rehab, and it enables you to keep your job or continue attending school or caring for the family while in treatment.
Choosing from the best rehabilitation centers in Florida is essential for the best outcome. An addiction counselor or other mental health professional can help you decide which type of treatment is best for you.
High quality narcotic rehab centers work for most people who engage with their treatment plan. Treatment works, and it can help you end your addiction once and for all.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.