Florida treatment centers for addiction can help you end an addiction for the long-term.
Addiction takes a major toll on all areas of your life. Ending an addiction, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, almost always requires treatment. That’s because addiction typically has underlying causes that must be addressed in order to successfully end the substance abuse. Florida treatment centers for addiction help people address a variety of issues and develop the skills they need for long-term abstinence.
Inpatient vs. Outpatient Treatment
Florida treatment centers for addiction offer both inpatient and outpatient treatment.
Inpatient treatment involves living at a residential facility for the duration of the program. Inpatient treatment is essential for people who have:
- A long addiction history.
- Been in treatment before.
- A co-occuring mental illness.
- An unsafe or unstable living situation.
- Ambivalence toward recovery.
Inpatient treatment has a number of benefits over outpatient treatment. Inpatient Florida treatment centers for addiction:
- Provide a high level of peer and staff support and supervision.
- Allow you to focus solely on recovery without external stressors or triggers getting in the way.
- Involve a variety of intensive therapies that help you overcome your addiction.
- Offer a safe, stable, and structured living environment.
- Promote healthy lifestyle habits and good nutrition to help you heal from the effects of the addiction.
Outpatient treatment can be successful for people who have:
- Strong intrinsic motivation to recover.
- A safe, stable place to live.
- Strong support at home and in the community.
- Good physical and mental health aside from the addiction.
- Daily transportation to the outpatient facility.
Outpatient treatment is less expensive than inpatient rehab, and outpatient Florida treatment centers for addiction:
- Allow you to continue working, going to school, or caring for the family while you’re in treatment.
- Enable you to put into immediate practice the skills and strategies you learn in treatment.
- Offer a higher level of privacy, since there’s no need to explain an extended absence.
A Holistic Program is Essential
Florida best rehab centers are those that offer a holistic approach to treatment. A holistic approach addresses issues of body, mind, and spirit for whole-person healing. Through a variety of traditional and complementary therapies, holistic Florida treatment programs for substance abuse help you delve into the complex issues that underlie your addiction and address your multiple needs.
Traditional therapies are those that have been shown through a large body of research to be effective on their own for treating addiction. The most commonly used traditional therapies in Florida best rehab centers include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy, which helps you learn to think and behave in healthy ways.
- Family therapy, which helps you restore function to the family system.
- Motivational interviewing, which helps you identify your own personal reasons for wanting to end your addiction.
Complementary therapies are those that have been shown through research to be effective for treating addiction when used along with traditional therapies. Some of the most commonly used complementary therapies in treatment include:
- Art therapy, which helps you express difficult emotions and synthesize troubling experiences.
- Nutritional therapy, which helps you restore your health and stabilize your mood.
- Biofeedback, which helps you learn to reduce your body’s stress response on the spot.
- Restorative yoga, which reduces stress and improves self-awareness.
Traditional and complementary therapies take place in group and individual settings and help you:
- Address the issues that contributed to the substance abuse.
- Develop a toolkit of skills and strategies to cope with stress, cravings, and other triggers.
- Repair damaged relationships and learn healthy communication and relationship skills.
- Find purpose in a life without drugs or alcohol.
- Find ways to have fun and enjoy a life of sobriety.
Florida Treatment Programs for Substance Abuse Work
Recovering from an addiction isn’t easy, but then, neither is being addicted. High quality, holistic Florida treatment programs for substance abuse offer the best possible chances of recovery. Most people who enter treatment and engage with their treatment plan recover for the long-term and restore their lives on many fronts. Treatment works, and it can work for you or someone you love.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.