Important Considerations When Looking For A Residential Rehab
Choosing a rehab center for yourself or a loved one is an important decision, and it can mean the difference between successful recovery or repeated relapse. The things to consider when choosing residential rehab include the treatment plans, the staff, therapy options, environment, and medication availability.
12 Things To Consider When Choosing Residential Rehab
Choosing residential rehab is a big decision, and you want all the pertinent information before you make it. The following things to consider when choosing residential rehab are very important.
- Ask if the treatment center is fully licensed and accredited and if all doctors are board-certified.
- Find out what kind of treatment is offered. Are there alternative options such as yoga, art, biofeedback, and exercise. Is behavioral treatment available?
- Medical detox should be provided. Are doctors and nurses should be supervising the drug detox process?
- What is the environment like? Is it comfortable, attractive, and peaceful, and does it provide to a healing setting.
- Does the facility provide healthy nutritional meals? Many addicts suffer from poor diet and even malnutrition in severe cases.
- Ask if researched based treatments are used. Be sure you will have access to a combination of medical and behavioral therapies.
- Does the facility have a strong relapse prevention program, which is necessary for individuals to learn coping skills and identification of triggers.
- Does the facility offer treatment for dual-diagnosis conditions, such as depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, and anxiety?
- Does the facility have medical staff to handle health issues the individual may have that can complicate his or her detox and recovery?
- Are family therapy programs offered to help the individual restore relationships and build a support network for when he or she returns to normal life.
- Will the addict be assessed before treatment begins, as well as during the treatment process in order to refine the program if it becomes necessary?
- What happens when treatment ends? Are follow-up programs available? Are those in recovery connected with outside group meetings to keep building their reserve against relapse?
All of these concerns are important, and you may have other questions you want to ask regarding location, safety, staff qualifications, and financing. Make a list, and have your questions answered before you make a commitment.
What To Look For In A Drug Rehab Facility
If you are wondering what to look for in a drug rehab facility, start with the staff. You want a staff that includes doctors, psychiatrists, nurses, and professional addiction specialists. Compassion and dedication to their patients should be qualities that shine through, and staff should be available twenty-four hours a day. Safety and security are also important features for a rehab center to offer. Facilities are drug-free environments that provide a safety net to patients in recovery. Motivational therapy is also important. Almost all addicts suffer from low self-esteem, and they need to see themselves in a positive light. Depression and low self-esteem go hand-in-hand and are obstacles in the recovery process.
Questions To Ask A Drug Rehab Center
There are important questions to ask a drug rehab center. You will want to know about family visits, at what point they are allowed, and if they can be incorporated with therapy sessions. Licensing and accreditation are very important. Not every rehab facility is accredited. If you don’t ask the right questions, it’s highly unlikely they will tell you they lack accreditation. The Joint Commissions who accredit rehab facilities inspect them to be sure they provide excellence in service and treatment to their patients. Talk about insurance, and what is covered by your insurance. Most insurance companies want the rehab facility to provide medication treatments for addiction, or they won’t pay. You need to understand what your insurance company will cover and be sure the rehab facility you choose will qualify.
WhiteSands Addiction Treatment Centers in Tampa and Fort Myers FL are among the best treatment facilities in the country. Their professional staff includes board-certified doctors and psychiatrists as well as nurses. Call WhiteSands at (877) 855-3470 for more information. They can answer all your questions and help you make arrangements for yourself or a loved one.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.