Alcohol Abuse Center in Tampa – Help for Alcoholism at WhiteSands
Alcohol abuse is a serious matter. It may seem like it is being managed well but before you know it, alcohol abuse has turned into an addiction that can utterly ruin your life. Alcohol abuse is also fairly common in America. The NIAAA revealed statistics for alcohol use disorder showing that as many as 15 million people suffer from it. Alcohol is both physically and mentally addictive. The physical dependence that forms requires the help of an alcohol abuse center because of how dangerous it is to stop.
How to Recognize Alcohol Abuse
The only way to know when alcoholism help is needed is to know when there is abuse of the substance present. Whether you are drinking more than you think you should or you are worried about a loved one, the signs of alcohol abuse are important to be able to take the next step: finding alcohol abuse centers near me.
Depending on how much alcohol a person drinks and for how long they’ve drank too much, the signs can be less or more severe. The signs usually seen include the following:
- There are cravings when not intoxicated
- Majority of time is spent getting drunk or recovering
- Problems with friends and family arise but don’t cause the person to stop drinking
- Drinking is found to be the cause of problems at work, in school or at home
- When the person drinks, they often have more than they planned on, or drank for longer than they meant to
- Previous efforts to reduce the amount of alcohol consumed or stop altogether have not worked
- Drinking causes the person to be involved with risky behavior such as swimming drunk
- Cut back on all the things the person used to enjoy
- As soon as the person stops drinking, they experience withdrawal symptoms including heavy sweating, irritability, depression and insomnia
- The person has to drink more than before due to a tolerance
- Drinking carried on even though there were mental issues being caused by the drinking
If two or more of the above requirements are met by an individual within a year period, then they are abusing alcohol and an alcohol abuse center is the safest next step.
Also Read: Tampa Drug Treatment Center
When looking for alcohol abuse centers near me, WhiteSands is the ideal place to get the needed treatment in Tampa. They provide patients with everything they need as they progress through recovery.
Treatment starts by going through detox. At WhiteSands, a medical detox is available which uses proven medications to lessen the withdrawal effects from alcohol. Alcohol withdrawal can be fatal if done alone due to symptoms known as delirium tremens. With the help of medications such as methadone, the entire week-long detox period is made much more manageable and safe.
Once the withdrawal symptoms have been dealt with, the person is then ready to receive further therapy. The purpose of the therapy is to tackle the issues that most likely caused the substance abuse in the first place. This can be achieved in a variety of ways including motivational interviewing, cognitive-behavioral therapy and other programs such as SMART that incorporates different types of treatment approaches.
Most programs for addiction at an alcohol abuse center can be done while staying at the facility or by visiting the rehab for appointments. These are known as inpatient and outpatient programs respectively. Once a patient is finished with the program at an alcohol abuse center such as WhiteSands, they are equipped with the knowledge they need to fight off relapse and the tools they need to live a happy, fulfilling life.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.