Finding The Best Fort Myers Heroin Addiction Recovery
When you or someone you love are struggling with heroin addiction, you need to be sure the Fort Myers heroin addiction recovery center you choose is first-class in every area. WhiteSands Addiction Treatment Center in Fort Myers FL offers professional care every step of the way, starting with medically supervised detox.
Fort Myers Heroin Addiction Recovery
When making the decision to seek help from a Ft. Myers heroin addiction recovery treatment center, it’s essential to choose one that offers 24-hour a day medical supervision. There is always the possibility of an unknown underlying medical disorder that could be an issue during detox. Many addicts fear detox because of the fear of painful, unpleasant, and sometimes life-threatening withdrawal symptoms, and so they put off getting help for heroin addiction.
At WhiteSands Addiction Treatment Center in Fort Myers FL, you will receive a physical and mental assessment that is used to establish your specific treatment program. Medications to ease your discomfort and keep you safe during detox are dispensed by board-certified doctors. During your assessment, it will be determined if treatment is required for co-occurring (dual diagnosis) issues. Many people suffering from addiction are also dealing with mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, and mood swings. WhiteSands has the psychiatric staff that can help patients with mental health issues that may be contributing to their heroin abuse.
Fort Myers Heroin Detox
At WhiteSands, Fort Myers heroin detox and treatment center, you will receive medical monitoring day and night as you go through detox. Some of the withdrawal symptoms you may experience include the following:
- Strong cravings to use more heroin is a common withdrawal symptom.
- When detoxing from heroin, there is a rebound effect. Your back and legs will ache and be more sensitive to pain.
- Mood swings are common during heroin detox and are a normal part of withdrawal. You may receive some medication to reduce the intensity as well as counseling sessions.
- As your body tries to restore a normal balance, it will produce excess body fluids including sweat, runny nose, and tears.
- When going through withdrawal, you may experience a fever, but since it isn’t doing it’s normal job of fighting infection you will probably receive some medicine to reduce it.
- Unpleasant diarrhea and abdominal cramps are another withdrawal symptom or heroin. Expect frequent loose and watery bowel movements during detox.
- Nausea and vomiting are another of the unpleasant symptoms of withdrawal that lasts for several days.
Fort Myers Heroin Rehab Center
WhiteSands Fort Myers heroin rehab center is a highly-rated addiction treatment facility. In addition to medical detox and traditional therapies for recovery, WhiteSands offers alternative therapies including yoga and meditation, biofeedback, nutrition, art, exercise, and chiropractic care. The holistic approach to treatment includes the physical, mental, and spiritual elements of the “whole” person. Cookie-cutter treatment programs are a thing of the past, and at WhiteSands Fort Myers heroin rehab center each patient receives their own specialized treatment plan following their intake interview. You will have the full attention of a staff including board-certified doctors, psychiatrists, nurses, and substance abuse counselors. Their joint goal is to see you safely through detox and to help you in every step of your recovery. You will have a team of compassionate and caring professionals working with you day and night.
Don’t put off heroin detox any longer. Contact WhiteSands Addiction Treatment Center in Fort Myers FL and make plans to get your life back on track. The team at WhiteSands share your goal of life-long recovery and sobriety.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.