Tampa AA rehab centers can help you end an addiction once and for all.
Alcoholics Anonymous, or AA, was established in 1935 and recognized that alcoholism is a disease that affects mind, body, and spirit. Today, AA helps countless individuals end an addiction to alcohol. Tampa AA rehab centers include AA meetings as part of their treatment programming. According to a large body of research, participation in support group meetings improves the chances of successful recovery.
AA Rehab Steps
Alcoholics Anonymous is a 12-step group. Its core philosophy is that recovery requires personal accountability, complete abstinence, humility, honesty, and a connection with a higher power, whatever that may be to the individual. The steps help people achieve long-term sobriety through a variety of imperative activities that lead to forgiveness, self-awareness, and greater clarity about the addiction. Tampa AA rehab centers help people improve their lives on many fronts.
The 12 AA rehab steps lead participants through essential steps of recovery.
- Step 1 is admitting that you’re powerless over your addiction and can’t end it by yourself.
- Step 2 is accepting that a higher power–God, love, the universe–can give you the strength you need to recover.
- Step 3 is turning your life and will over to this greater power.
- Step 4 is identifying the people, places, things, and ideas that contribute to your drinking and figuring out what needs to change.
- Step 5 is admitting to yourself, your greater power, and another person all of the wrongs you’ve done while you were addicted.
- Step 6 is being willing and ready to turn your character deficits over to your higher power.
- Step 7 is asking your higher power to remove your shortcomings.
- Step 8 is taking an inventory of all the people you hurt during your addiction.
- Step 9 is making amends to the people on your list so that you can let go of guilt and shame and find forgiveness.
- Step 10 is continuing to monitor your actions and always being willing to admit you’re wrong.
- Step 11 is continuing to nurture a strong connection to your higher power.
- Step 12 is taking the message of AA to others who are addicted and helping them recover.
How AA Helps Prevent Relapse
Tampa AA rehab centers stress the importance of participating in a support group as part of your individual recovery plan. AA helps prevent relapse in a variety of ways. It offers a high level of support, which is a pillar of successful recovery, according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. It promotes the development of healthy relationships with other non-users, which helps to prevent feelings of isolation, loneliness, and boredom. It promotes a high level of personal accountability and honesty, which helps improve motivation and mindfulness in recovery. Perhaps one of the most important ways AA promotes successful recovery in the early weeks and months is through sponsorship. People new to AA get a sponsor who is available around the clock to offer support and guidance. Sponsors help people new to recovery stay honest and self-aware, and they bring their own experience to help individuals navigate difficult periods.
AA Rehab in Florida Can Help
High quality Tampa AA rehab centers offer a holistic, individualized approach to treatment that includes participation in an AA support program. This holistic approach to treatment helps people address issues of body, mind, and spirit for whole-person healing. WhiteSands Treatment offers high quality AA rehab in Florida to help individuals end their addiction once and for all and improve their lives on many fronts for greater happiness and a higher sense of wellbeing.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.