Sarasota Recovery from Drug Addiction: Why Choose Outpatient Rehab?
Addiction is a disease that doesn’t discriminate; it can affect any person. In the United States, over 24 million people (roughly 9.4 percent of the population) were considered current abusers of illicit drugs, prescription medication, and alcohol – according to a report by the National Institute on Drug Abuse. Rehab, as one of the best ways to treat addiction, is more important now than ever. In this article, we will look at Sarasota recovery from drug addiction programs in an outpatient setting, exploring the reasons why people use it and the types of programs available at the WhiteSands facility.
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, outpatient rehab is an effective way to help an individual with an addiction to attain sobriety – just as residential treatment is. However, it isn’t a program for everyone.
A person would use the outpatient Sarasota recovery from drug addiction programs only if they aren’t expected to have severe, life-threatening withdrawal symptoms, or if they don’t have severe psychiatric treatment needs, such as co-occurring mental disorders. However, some outpatient facilities, such as the WhiteSands Sarasota addiction treatment, have dual diagnosis programs – which treat co-occurring mental disorders.
Furthermore, for those who have inadequate support from their friends and at home might find inpatient treatment to be more effective, but in a situation where you have a support network, it can prove to be very beneficial during outpatient recovery.
The main benefits that an outpatient Sarasota drug treatment center such as WhiteSands has is as follows:
- Cost – Unlike inpatient treatment, outpatient facilities are generally more cost-effective and are covered by a wider range of health insurance plans.
- Attending to responsibilities – For those who have responsibilities that cannot be ignored, such as work, college classes, or as a caretaker, outpatient Sarasota addiction treatment’s time requirement is far lower than in inpatient treatment programs. You get the same types of treatments but at intervals throughout the week. Generally, a person will only have to go in for a few hours each week, allowing them to continue to take care of other areas of their life.
- Support – One of the key benefits of the Sarasota recovery from drug addiction programs is that you get to meet people that can offer support. Not only do you meet helpful staff at the rehab, but you get to meet people going through similar problems, making connections that can be vital in your future recovery.
Sarasota Recovery from Drug Addiction Programs
The WhiteSands facility in Sarasota, FL, has several substance abuse programs aimed at assisting addicts through their recovery. They use evidence-based therapeutic methods such as cognitive-behavioral therapy and motivational interviewing.
The types of programs available at the WhiteSands Sarasota drug treatment center include the following:
- Intensive outpatient treatment
- Individual counseling and therapy
- Group therapy and counseling
- Drug education
- Drug detoxification programs
- Medication-assisted therapy
- Dual diagnosis treatment
Furthermore, various alternative treatment programs can also be made available to individuals that exhibit the need for non-traditional forms of treatment. They include therapies such as art or music therapy, and biofeedback among others.
Treatment for substance abuse is not a one-size-fits all scenario. During the assessment of a patient, an optimal treatment program is created by the addiction specialist, and then adjusted as needed to ensure that the addict is getting optimal results.
Once the 30 to 90 program is completed, the addict is advised to continue with aftercare support, such as follow-up counseling or 12-step support group meetings to help them to maintain their sobriety in the face of changes in their life and the sometimes-ever-present urge to abuse drugs or alcohol again.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.