Estero Outpatient Drug Rehab: Is it Right for Me?
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, people who find professional help for substance abuse have a far higher chance of improving their productivity at work, their social life, reducing criminal activity, and in stopping the abuse of drugs and alcohol. You may be considering using an outpatient program to help yourself or a loved one through a drug or alcohol problem but are unsure of whether it will work for you. To help you decide, we will examine if Estero outpatient drug rehab is right for you.
Estero Outpatient Drug Rehab Programs
To start things off, we’ll explore some of the programs that you’ll find in an Estero drug rehab near me such as the WhiteSands facility. In order for treatment to be effective, an addict must go through a detox, which safely assists the addict through the withdrawal symptoms. Detox is followed by therapy, counseling and possibly holistic therapy. Each person requires a personalized touch because addiction can manifest in several ways. The recovering addict is advised to make use of aftercare services such as support groups, sober living homes, and halfway houses once they complete their Estero outpatient drug rehab program.
The exact types of programs that you’ll find at an Estero Fl addiction treatment center include the following:
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP)
- Partial hospitalization, sometime referred to as ‘day rehab’
- Medical detox
- Medically-assisted treatment (MAT)
- Re-stabilization programs
- Individual therapy and counseling
- Group format therapy and counseling
- Treatment for co-occurring mental disorders (dual diagnosis)
- Addiction education
- Relapse prevention skills training
Who Normally Uses Estero Outpatient Drug Rehab?
Outpatient drug rehab is a highly effective type of treatment for substance use disorder. However, it does have ideal candidates, and they are as follows:
- Continuum of care – For those who are seeking a way to transition from intensive residential rehab, where their entire focus is on their recovery, to living a normal life, an outpatient program is ideal. At an outpatient Estero Fl addiction treatment center, quality care can continue as the person adjusts to the changes they face.
- Primary care solution – If a person were to have a good support system in place, through family and friends, and they haven’t relapsed before after an outpatient program, then an outpatient Estero Fl addiction treatment center can be a perfect solution to solving a substance use disorder. Withdrawal symptoms is another concern, and if the expected severity of the symptoms does not put the person’s life at risk, then outpatient care is ideal.
- Autonomy – Unlike residential rehab, outpatient facilities don’t require you to miss weeks of work or school, or to be unable to be a caregiver for a time. A treatment schedule can be created that allows for enough autonomy to carry out important tasks and responsibilities.
- Follow-up counseling and therapy – Managing your recovery over the long term can be challenging. Certain times and circumstances can make staying away from drugs and alcohol more difficult, such as a sudden loss of a loved one or during the holidays. Therapy and counseling offered at an Estero drug rehab near me can be a perfect solution to help keep the person on track with their sobriety goals.
Whether you are seeking treatment for the first time, or looking for a way to maintain sobriety, an outpatient rehab program can help to start and maintain a healthy, happy way of life that doesn’t involve the destructive force of drugs or alcohol abuse.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.