Here’s how Lakeland programs for drug addicts can help end an addiction for good.
Addiction is characterized by compulsive drug use despite the negative consequences it causes in your life. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, addiction almost always requires professional help to overcome. That’s because addiction almost always has underlying causes that must be addressed, and the addiction itself causes problems in your life that must also be addressed for successful recovery. Lakeland programs for drug addicts can help you or someone you love recover for the long-term.
Recovery Programs for Drug Addiction
WhiteSands Treatment is a high quality treatment center with programs throughout the state of Florida. WhiteSands’ recovery programs for drug addiction take place either through inpatient or outpatient drug treatment.
Inpatient treatment through WhiteSands’ Tampa or Fort Myers locations involves living in a residential treatment center during rehab. The benefits of inpatient treatment include:
- The ability to focus solely on recovery.
- A high level of 24/7 peer and staff support.
- A high level of structure.
- A high level of supervision.
Inpatient treatment is essential for people who have:
- An unstable or unsafe home life.
- A co-occurring mental illness.
- Very little intrinsic motivation to recover.
- Little support at home and in the community.
Outpatient drug treatment is available through WhiteSands Treatment’s numerous outpatient clinics, including one in Lakeland. Outpatient treatment involves living at home and traveling each day to the treatment center while in rehab. The benefits of outpatient treatment include:
- A lower cost than inpatient treatment.
- The ability to continue working, attending school, or caring for the family while in rehab.
- The opportunity to practice the skills and strategies learned in treatment in the real world.
Outpatient treatment isn’t for everyone. In order for outpatient treatment to be successful, you need to have:
- A safe and stable place to live.
- A high level of support at home and in the community.
- Intrinsic motivation to recover.
- Good physical and mental health aside from the addiction.
Lakeland programs for drug addicts include intensive outpatient and regular outpatient treatment. The difference between the two is the number of hours of programming each week.
How Lakeland Programs for Drug Addicts Work
Treatment is all about removing the need to use drugs in order to cope with life. A high quality treatment program involves a variety of traditional and complementary therapies that help individuals reclaim their lives and end their compulsion to use.
Traditional therapies are those that have been shown through research to be effective for treating addiction. These include cognitive-behavioral therapy, family therapy, and psychoeducational groups. Complementary therapies are those that have been shown through research to be effective for treating addiction when they’re used along with traditional therapies. Complementary therapies include art or music therapy, restorative yoga and mindfulness meditation.
Through these therapies, people in treatment:
- Identify and change unhealthy patterns of thinking and behaving.
- Develop skills for coping with negative emotions, cravings, stress, and other triggers.
- Address the underlying causes of the substance abuse that led to the addiction. These may include a history of trauma, chronic stress, or a mental illness like anxiety or depression.
- Learn to have fun and relax without drugs.
- Find purpose and meaning in a life free of drugs.
- Repair damaged relationships and work toward solving family problems.
- Restore all areas of life.
Treatment works for most people who engage with their treatment program and stay in treatment for an adequate period of time. The National Institute on Drug Abuse stresses that anything less than 90 days is of limited effectiveness. That’s because just as it takes time to develop the thought and behavior patterns that lead to compulsive drug use, it takes time to re-learn healthy ways of thinking and behaving and develop a healthy lifestyle that supports ongoing recovery.
WhiteSands’ Lakeland programs for drug addicts help numerous people kick a drug addiction to the curb for good, and they can help you do the same.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.