Are You Becoming Addicted to Drugs or Alcohol?
If you are concerned you are becoming dependent on your prescribed pain pills or worried that drinking alone is happening too often, you may be dealing with a potential addiction. Millions of Americans face the same concerns every day, but only a small percentage will become proactive and get the help they need.
Am I Becoming Addicted To Drugs Or Alcohol?
Have you asked yourself, “Am I becoming addicted to drugs or alcohol?” If you are worrying about the possibility but are embarrassed to talk to anyone about it, call WhiteSands Addiction Treatment Center at (877) 855-3470. Your call is confidential, and a rehab specialist will talk to you about what you are experiencing. Your answers to the questions they ask will determine just where you are in terms of an addiction. WhiteSands has two addiction treatment centers, which are located in Tampa and Fort Myers FL. These state-of-the-art facilities provide excellent treatment, therapy, and rehab to thousands of people suffering from addiction. There are signs and symptoms that indicate when there is an addiction problem with drugs or alcohol. The fact that you are concerned is an indicator of addiction.
Signs Of Alcoholism
If you experience two or three of the following signs of alcoholism in the past year, you have a mild addiction. Four or more signs indicate you have a more serious addiction.
- Always drink more than you planned
- Unable to quit drinking
- Always sick or hungover after drinking
- Think about alcohol during the day
- Missed work one or more times due to a hangover
- Having problems with family because of drinking
- Having relationship problems with friends or co-workers
- Eat lunch alone so you can grab a drink
- Have withdrawal symptoms such as shakiness, nausea, restlessness, racing heart, or seizures
If you are experiencing these symptoms, whether it is a few or several, you need to get help before your drinking becomes worse. Trying to quit drinking without help is rarely successful, and if you are a heavy drinker it can even be dangerous. WhiteSands provides a medical detox program that makes it possible to safely get the alcohol out of your body. Medications will prevent the sever symptoms that accompany alcohol withdrawal. Call WhiteSands at (877) 855-3470.
Signs Of Drug Addiction
There are many signs of drug addictionFlorida Drug Addiction Programs including both physical and emotional. If you are addicted to drugs, you will experience some or all of the following.
- You go to more than one doctor in an attempt to get more prescription for pain killers (doctor shopping).
- You sleep a lot more.
- You eat a lot less.
- Your eyes are frequently bloodshot
- You’ve lost weight.
- You have new friends that are drug users.
- You are missing work because of drug use.
- You are having relationship problems at home and with friends.
- You are lying to cover up your drug use.
- You are stealing pills from other people.
- You are stealing money or valuables from family and friends in order to get drugs.
- You are mixing drugs with alcohol.
- You have bad withdrawal symptoms if you run out of drugs.
- You’re losing interest in everything but acquiring and using drugs.
You are addicted to drugs, and you need professional help. Call WhiteSands at (877) 855-3470. The goal of every staff member including doctors, psychiatrists, nurses, therapist, counselors, and rehab specialists is to see each patient achieve long-term recovery. Everyone at WhiteSands is working for you.
Be proactive, and call WhiteSands Treatment. There is a better life waiting, and it can be yours.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.