These Podcasts Can Help You Stay on Track In Your Recovery
When it comes to maintaining recovery after addiction treatment, having the proper support is absolutely essential, but that help does not necessarily have to happen in person. In the age of the internet, the strength you need to resist your triggers, avoid temptation and stay in recovery could be as close as the tablet on the table or the smartphone in your pocket.
If you have access to a smartphone, smart speaker, tablet, or any other internet-connected device, you also have access to an entire world of inspiration. Plenty of other people have been where you are right now, and they are anxious to share their stories of perseverance and strength on their podcasts about addiction and recovery.
Here are eight of the best podcasts about addiction and recovery, and every one of them is worth a listen:
- The Addicted Mind – The mind of the addict is different in many ways, with some changes happening as a result of the addiction and others pre-dating it. For addicts and alcoholics in recovery, getting an inside look into how the brain works can be beneficial, especially when the material is presented in such an engaging and accessible manner.
- ODAAT Chat Podcast – This powerful podcast is designed around addiction, alcoholism, and recovery and it is presented as a journal of healing, community, and perseverance. If you are looking for a dash of inspiration, you cannot go wrong with this great podcast.
- The Bubble Hour – This innovative and engaging podcast invites fans to share their stories of overcoming substance use disorder, making this one of the best podcasts for addiction and recovery. The Bubble Hour has been around for seven years now, and for many listeners, it is just now hitting its stride. If you are new to the podcast, you can explore hundreds of archived episodes from past seasons of the show, each one as inspirational as the next.
- The Sober Guy Podcast – The name of the podcast says it all – the Sober Guy podcast is engaging, entertaining, and inspiring for anyone trying to overcome a substance use disorder or stay in recovery. With a focus on living a positive and healthy lifestyle, this engaging podcast is a must for any recovery playlist.
- Breaking Free – The tagline of this popular podcast is “Your recovery, your way,” and that says it all. The Breaking Free podcast features honest and frank discussions about what recovery is like and the challenges recovering addicts and alcoholics face along the way.
- A Sober Girls Guide – Women in recovery should definitely put this one on their weekly playlists. The Sober Girls Guide looks at recovery from a female perspective, giving those in recovery the inspiration they need to carry on when times get tough.
- Recovery Happy Hour – While happy hours of the traditional type are off-limits for those in recovery, this podcast version is a must-listen. The host of the Recovery Happy Hour quit drinking in 2016 and has never looked back, and now she helps her listeners maintain their own hard-fought sobriety one podcast episode at a time.
- Busy Living Sober – The host of this popular podcast is in addiction recovery herself, and her insider knowledge gives this broadcast a unique relevance for those struggling to maintain their sobriety. The mission of the podcast is to give people the chance to live and learn together.
Addiction Treatment at WhiteSands
Asking your smart speaker to play any of these podcasts about addiction and recovery is a significant first step whenever you feel uncertain about your recovery or worrying about your ability to resist the triggers coming at you from all directions. These podcasts about addiction and recovery can inspire you, educate you, and yes, entertain you, but sometimes you may need a little extra help.
If your favorite podcast is not doing enough to support your recovery, you can take the old-fashioned route and pick up the phone instead. The staff at WhiteSands Alcohol and Drug Rehab is just a phone call away, and we are here to help you any way we can.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.