Florida Dual Diagnosis Treatment Centers
What Is a Dual Diagnosis Treatment Center?
A dual diagnosis treatment is a type of addiction treatment program that has created specific ways to deal with co-occurring mental health issues in their patients. These programs available at our Florida dual diagnosis treatment centers are for people suffering from underlying mental health disorders, treating these issues simultaneously as the addiction rather than addiction on its own.
If you or a loved one are struggling with addiction, call WhiteSands Alcohol and Drug Rehab today at 877.969.1993 to learn how we can help.
Common Co-Occurring Mental Health Disorders
Some of the most common co-occurring mental health disorders with addiction in Florida include:
- Bipolar disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Eating disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Panic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
Why Is Dual Diagnosis Treatment Important?
Florida dual diagnosis treatment centers are essential for successful, long-lasting addiction treatment. Without an integrated treatment approach, people with addictions who also have mental health issues can get caught in a cyclical relationship between substance abuse and addiction, which will be a detriment to a successful recovery. For example, a person with a mental illness may feel the need to drink or use drugs to cope with discomfort or mask their symptoms. At the same time, substance abuse can:
- Worsen the symptoms of mental illnesses
- Inhibit the person’s development of healthy coping skills
- Create a reliance on the substance to function normally
- Interact poorly with psychiatric medications
- Exacerbate preexisting or underlying mental health conditions
Is Dual Diagnosis Treatment Right for You?
People who are likely to require dual diagnosis:
- Have a history of mental illness and/or addiction in their family
- Use drugs or alcohol to relieve stress
- Have experienced trauma at some time in their life
- Cannot remember what it is like to feel normal or happy without substances
- Cannot remember a time before you used drugs or alcohol
You may need a dual diagnosis program if you:
- Find yourself withdrawing from support like friends and family
- Feel hopeless, depressed, or worthless most of the time
- Feel anxious, or have anxiety that can only be relieved by performing certain behaviors
- Are hallucinating or experiencing delusions
- Are experiencing insomnia or severe worry
- Have had appetite or weight changes
- Have dramatic shifts in mood or energy levels
- Are behaving uncharacteristically recklessly, angrily, or violently
- Are unable to concentrate, and are performing poorly at work, school, and in other responsibilities
- Using drugs and alcohol as a coping mechanism when you don’t feel “good” or “normal.”
Dual Diagnosis Treatment at WhiteSands
At WhiteSands Alcohol and Drug Rehab, we combine drug rehab with mental health care in our integrated luxury Florida dual diagnosis treatment centers. Our multifaceted dual diagnosis programs include:
Medically assisted detox: A safe and effective method of detoxing your body from all substances. This process combines 24-hour medical care (with medications provided to ease withdrawal symptoms if needed), mental health care, therapy, and counseling. We will treat you as a whole person, not just your diagnosis, using trauma-informed methods.
Inpatient rehab: Our luxury facility is the perfect place to feel safe and comfortable as you rehabilitate. We offer targeted programs tailored to your specific needs, including behavioral therapy, family therapy, education, counseling, relapse prevention training, and group therapy, along with holistic treatments and an excellent physical health program with access to personal trainers, a swimming pool, and a full boxing gym. You will live inside our facility full-time for 30 to 90 days, with a structured schedule in the mornings and afternoons. In the evenings, you will become our guest, relaxing and taking in all the amenities we have to offer, including incredible food, spa treatments, and our rec center.
Outpatient rehab: Anybody leaving inpatient rehab can benefit from an extended outpatient program, especially those with a dual diagnosis. In outpatient treatment, you will live at home or in a sober living facility.
With our patient-first addiction treatment available at our Florida dual diagnosis treatment centers, we can help you get to the root of your addiction. We also help you learn about mood disorders and addiction and address relationship issues that may have come from your addiction or mental health issue. We have a supportive community. If you or a loved one are experiencing addiction and mental health issues, call us today to speak to a professional about your concerns. We can help you figure out the best place to start getting a dual diagnosis treatment.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.