WhiteSands Recognized as a Top Addiction Treatment Center in Florida
We’ve always considered ourselves a top addiction treatment center, but we’re not the only ones. For the third consecutive year, we’re ranked near the top of Newsweek magazine’s list of the best addiction programs in Florida and around the nation. We’re even prouder because the survey is conducted by a highly respected publication and based on input from thousands of medical experts.
In this year’s list of “America’s Best Addiction Treatment Centers,” our Fort Myers location is ranked third of 20 Florida treatment centers. Our Fort Myers and Plant City locations have consistently held the top five spots in the annual survey.
Newsweek’s Annual Rankings
Newsweek conducts the annual survey to help those seeking addiction recovery for themselves or a loved one. “There are thousands of treatment facilities across the country and finding the right one for yourself or somebody you care about can be difficult,” writes the magazine’s Global Editor-in-Chief, Nancy Cooper. Adding to the quality of the list, Newsweek conducts the survey in partnership with the global market research and data firm Statista Inc.
This year’s list gives the top 330 facilities in 25 states based on a survey of over 4,000 medical professionals and an analysis of the treatment centers’ accreditation status.
How WhiteSands Compares to the Competition
We think we’ve been rated so highly because we have so many locations: three inpatient and 14 outpatient locations around Florida, which makes ongoing care easy and convenient for people navigating recovery outside the treatment center.
But there’s much more to our programs, which exceed industry standards industry; maybe that’s why more of our patients enjoy sustained, long-term recovery.
Our treatment programs stand apart from the increasingly crowded field of addiction programs in many significant ways:
- Individual or family therapy is offered five times per week, compared to the standard once a week.
- A higher staff-to-patient ratio than others. This is because our programs are truly individualized for each patient, so groups are much smaller than usual.
- Full-time skilled and highly credentialed staff dedicated to all stages of treatment/recovery, resulting in better continuity of care and a total focus on patient outcomes.
- Our unique Life Skills Program, which prepares patients for their return to everyday life after treatment but continues to offer support after they leave our facility.
We also provide a more hospitable setting than many other programs offer. It starts with treating patients more like guests, knowing that success in treatment is much more likely when you’re physically comfortable and emotionally at ease. We create this warm, welcoming atmosphere in several simple but important ways:
- Large private rooms equipped with satellite television and private bathrooms.
- Permission to use electronic devices in rooms in the evening. Patients can connect with family and friends outside; we don’t want our patients to be cut off from their support networks, but they should be able to stay in touch. And if calls or messages trigger traumatic reactions, they are in a supportive environment where we can help them through it, so they’re better able to handle similar situations in the future.
- Fitness programs and facilities. Addiction treatment is physically demanding, and the body needs regular activity to stay strong. Working out is also a great stress reliever. Our facilities have state-of-the-art athletic complexes and boxing gyms, with professional athletes and coaches’ personal training. We are located on a large campus with a swimming pool, and patients can have fun on basketball and volleyball courts.
We don’t offer these unique features just to be different or to tempt patients away from other programs. From the beginning, our mission has been to offer the most comprehensive and individualized treatment program available.
Thanks to the Newsweek ranking, we know we’re doing just that.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.