Drug Treatment Winter Park: An Amenity-Filled Rehab Facility
What Amenities Are Offered During Drug Treatment in Winter Park?
WhiteSands Alcohol and Drug Rehab is a premier drug and alcohol addiction treatment center offering a full continuum of treatment options for patients. Not only do we provide comprehensive treatment and therapy, but we also provide a wide selection of amenities for patients to enjoy during their residential stay with us. When patients take part in constructive hobbies, they develop healthy habits. They can then take these newly-developed habits and apply and integrate them into their everyday lives post-treatment.
Individuals must fill their free time with hobbies that will keep them from thinking about drug or alcohol use. When recovering addict feels ‘bored,’ they are much likelier to experiment with substances of abuse, ultimately leading to relapse.
Some of the amenities that WhiteSands Alcohol and Drug Rehab offers include:
- A full-sized athletic complex featuring a boxing ring
- A recreation center
- Enjoy the swimming pool
- Watch a movie on the big screen
- Enjoy walking paths
- Relax in the gazebo
- Designated smoking areas
- Arts and crafts
WhiteSands Alcohol and Drug Rehab also offers private rooms for each guest. Each newly-renovated room has a queen-sized bed, bathroom, television, and wifi connection. Patients are permitted to use personal electronic devices in their private rooms once treatment is complete for the day. When patients can connect with loved ones and update them on how the treatment is going, it allows them to feel more comfortable and confident in completing rehab.
If you or a loved one are struggling with addiction, call WhiteSands Alcohol and Drug Rehab today at (877) 640-7820 to learn how we can help.
What Happens During Drug Treatment?
While each individual will receive a custom treatment program, many drug treatment programs have similar core principles. This includes addressing not only the individual’s substance abuse but their psychological, legal, social, and medical issues as well. Inpatient residential treatment is highly structured and organized, providing therapy, counseling, and treatment in a supportive and nurturing environment. Dual diagnosis treatment will help uncover any underlying disorder or root cause of the addiction. This is critical in lasting recovery as it creates a solid foundation for recovery.
A day in residential drug treatment may look something like this:
- Morning: patients enjoy a healthy and nutritious breakfast followed by a yoga or meditation session to help relax and prepare the mind for the day. There is often a group session after breakfast to help individuals open up about triggers and how to become aware of patterns and behaviors that may lead to relapse.
- Afternoon: One-on-one individual therapy sessions will take place which include cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), group therapy, specialized sessions, family therapy, and more. Lunch will be served in the dining hall, and there will be several breaks throughout the day for patients to recharge before their next treatment session.
- Evenings/free time: Dinner will be served in the dining hall where patients can enjoy a nutritious meal and catch up and connect with fellow patients. Once patients complete treatment for the day, around 4:30 PM onward, they are welcome to enjoy the range of amenities offered on-site. They can also simply enjoy some quiet time in the privacy of their own rooms or connect with loved ones over the internet. Patients must go to bed at a decent hour to be physically and mentally prepared for the following days.
Once patients have completed their 28-day or 60-day treatment program, they will enter outpatient treatment. This can be done through transitional housing, or patients can reside in their own homes during outpatient treatment.
Drug Treatment Options Available
There are many drug treatment options available to patients at WhiteSands Treatment. Once an initial and thorough patient evaluation has been completed, intake staff and clinicians will determine the best treatment options for the patient.
Some of the common treatments for drug addiction include:
Medically assisted detox for withdrawal management
- A period of three to seven days will help wean the individual off of the substance of abuse in a controlled and monitored environment. Patients will be administered lessened doses of detox medications throughout the course of detox to gradually remove the substance of abuse from the body. While detox addresses the physical side of addiction, treatment and therapy will address the emotional, mental, and psychological side of addiction.
Mental health treatment
- Dual diagnosis for co-occurring disorders
- Close to have of addiction cases begin with an undiagnosed mental illness. Once this is managed, the addiction can be addressed.
- If a mental illness is the root cause of addiction, it must get under control before addiction treatment begins.
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Change attitude and behavior toward drug use
- Adopt a healthy lifestyle
- The development of cognitive skills
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
- Sometimes, a long-term treatment program involves prescription medication to help those with mental illness experience stability.
Relapse prevention, aftercare, and follow-up (long-term care)
- An outpatient aftercare plan is just as important as an inpatient one. Relapse prevention, trigger management, and coping skills are a few of the techniques learned during this level of care.
- Some of the most effective drug addiction treatment programs incorporate therapy and other personalized treatments. A combination therapy model is the best way for individuals to manage and cope with their addiction and mental health.
Check out a list of the musicians lost to drugs here:
Therapy As Part of Your Drug Treatment
One-on-one therapy and counseling, as well as group therapy, is an integral part of a recovery treatment program. Therapy allows patients to open up about their struggles
Some of the ways that therapy and counseling can help you in your recovery journey include:
- Identifying events and situations that may have contributed to your substance abuse and misuse
- Provides support for dual diagnosis to help navigate solutions
- Provides peer support and fosters the forming of healthy relationships
- Teaches patients relapse prevention techniques
- Introduce new concepts, strategies, and ideas to help relapse unproductive thought processes with healthier choices
WhiteSands Alcohol and Drug Rehab is unique in providing individualized and personalized therapy programs for each patient. A one-size-fits-all approach is never offered as this does not consider any underlying causes or driving forces of the addiction. It’s important to know that addiction is not just about undoing the physical dependence, it is also about breaking the mental and psychological dependence, and that’s where therapy and counseling play a huge role. As healthy habits are developed, patients will experience more energy, better sleep, and a feeling of fulfillment.
Restart Your Life With Drug Treatment
If you are looking for drug treatment in Winter Park, Florida, WhiteSands offers tailored treatment services for both substance abuse and mental health. There is a path to recovery, and it begins by knowing you need help and mustering up the courage to pick up the phone today. An initial patient assessment will teach patients about treatment options and what is covered under their insurance plan. Our team with work with you to determine the best treatment and aftercare for you.
There is no better time to seek help than now. With your dedication and commitment to recovery, addiction is a disease that can be successfully treated and managed. The WhiteSands Alcohol and Drug Rehab intake team is available on a 24/7 basis to take your call, so get in touch with them now.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.