Drug Treatment Winter Park: How Residents Can Benefit
Drug Treatment Winter Park: Why Residents Should Get Help
Substance abuse quickly becomes an addiction when a person abuses physically addictive drugs such as prescription medication, methamphetamine, cocaine, or heroin. Once substance use disorder (drug addiction) has formed, the person may no longer have control over their substance use, unable to stop even if they want to. Drug treatment Winter Park offers can be a way to overcome substance use disorder and achieve long-term sobriety from drug addiction.
Substance use disorder is a serious mental health disorder with chronic, relapsing qualities. It changes the way your brain functions and without professional help, the underlying causes of your substance abuse will continue to drive you to abuse drugs. However, addiction treatment programs available at WhiteSands Alcohol and Drug Rehab can provide you with comprehensive drug addiction treatment programs that can treat the causes of your addiction and give you the means to prevent relapse.
If you cannot stop using drugs or don’t want to deal with your withdrawal symptoms, the drug treatment Winter Park offers is your key to overcoming the mental health disorder. With a treatment plan that involves a medical detox, holistic treatments such as a life skills program, behavioral therapy to treat the causes of addiction, and aftercare services to aid you with your transition from treatment to mainstream life, you can beat the cycle of drug abuse.
If you or a loved one are struggling with addiction, call WhiteSands Alcohol and Drug Rehab today at (877) 640-7820 to learn how we can help.
How Long Does Drug Treatment in Winter Park Last?
Regardless of where you go for drug rehab treatment in Winter Park, you can expect your treatment to last several weeks. Substance use disorder treatment is not a quick process but rather something that should take around 3 months to complete, according to National Institute on Drug Abuse research. Most rehabs, therefore, have long treatment programs which are often combined to give you the best chance at sustainable recovery.
You can expect treatment programs ranging from 30 to 90 days. Winter Park offers 30-, 60-, and 90-day drug treatment programs that are usually available in residential and outpatient settings. When combining inpatient and outpatient treatment programs, such as a 30-day inpatient program with a 60-day outpatient program, you get the best transitional care to help you through all of the stages of your recovery.
After completing your rehab program, you will benefit from aftercare programs such as an alumni program or sober living homes. Aftercare programs can continue for months to help you during the crucial first year of recovery when relapse rates are the highest.
Inpatient vs. Outpatient Drug Treatment in Winter Park
The two types of treatment settings for addiction treatment, inpatient and outpatient drug treatment, can provide you with the type of treatments that will work best for your addiction and obligations that you may have in your life – often combined into one longer comprehensive treatment plan.
Inpatient drug treatment, also known as residential treatment, is drug addiction treatment that is offered at the rehab center that, unlike outpatient rehab, you will take accommodation at the rehab center for the duration of your treatment program. Inpatient drug treatment is generally the most intensive type of treatment for addiction available. You’ll live at the rehab center, meaning you can focus entirely on your recovery and healing surrounded by supportive people in a therapeutic environment.
Outpatient drug treatment is a treatment that is offered where you won’t stay at the rehab center but instead, you come in when you have treatment and therapy scheduled. While it generally offers the same treatments and therapies as inpatient rehab, outpatient treatment programs are much more flexible. You can schedule your treatment at times that best suit you, allowing you to continue to tend to other responsibilities while receiving treatment.
Overall, inpatient rehab is more intensive than outpatient rehab, giving you the best chance at recovery while outpatient rehab is better suited to transitional care after residential treatment or for someone who needs autonomy while undergoing treatment for drug addiction.
Learn about the amenities in rehab here:
8 Top Reasons Drug Treatment in Winter Park Helps Residents With Recovery
Overcoming is not about having willpower or morals because it is a mental health disorder that affects how your brain works. Receiving the drug treatment Winter Park offers is life-changing. For many people, rehab is the only way that they will be able to beat the cycle of drug addiction and create a foundation on which they can thrive.
Some of the top reasons why professional drug treatment is important to include the following:
- Structure: Many people in the depths of drug addiction have lost all sense of normalcy in their life. Structure helps to bring back healthy habits.
- Physical health: Drug abuse takes a toll on a person and combined with often not taking care of oneself, physical health can be greatly improved in rehab through the cessation of drug use, exercise, and a healthy diet.
- Mental health: Treatment for addiction improves mental health. It achieves this through drug cessation because drugs often cause mental health issues such as depression and anxiety and through dual diagnosis treatment which treats untreated mental health disorders alongside addiction treatment.
- Family and friends: Close friends and family often suffer when someone they care about abuses drugs. Family therapy and drug cessation will improve your relationships with the people you care about.
- Finances and work: People often lose their jobs due to drug abuse leading to financial difficulty. Even if you still have your job, plenty of your finances will be dedicated to drugs. Going to rehab can help you to improve your finances and career.
- Safe, supportive environment: Whatever your home life may be, drug rehab gives you the best place to recover away from negative influences while surrounded by supportive people.
- Safe detox: Some drugs such as Xanax can produce life-threatening withdrawal symptoms if done alone cold turkey. A medical detox gives you access to round-the-clock medical support and medications to manage withdrawal symptoms, making it safer and far more comfortable.
- Ongoing support: Even after your rehab is complete, you’ll be able to be a part of a recovery community which can include alumni programs and support groups. The support you receive from rehab continues deep into your recovery process.
Get on the Path to Recovery with Drug Treatment Near Winter Park at WhiteSands
If you have been trying to stop using drugs or slow down but have been unable to, reach out to WhiteSands today. We have been among the best addiction treatment centers in Florida for three consecutive years and counting, as voted for by Newsweek. We provide you with comprehensive inpatient and outpatient drug treatment programs for Winter Park residents in a luxury setting with all the levels of care that you will need on your recovery journey.
Reach out to WhiteSands Alcohol and Drug Rehab for more information on our treatment for Winter Park residents or if you would like the best possible care for drug addiction now.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.