Ongoing Structure and Support Throughout Each Level of Care Provides Is Foundation for a Successful Recovery
A patient at WhiteSands Alcohol and Drug Rehab in Hyde Park thanks the facility for “doing such a great job and making me feel at home” during their addiction recovery in Hyde Park. Once patients have completed their inpatient treatment program near Tampa, they will move to the next level of care, outpatient treatment. This transition can be tricky and you must know what to expect during addiction recovery in Hyde Park.
Inpatient vs. Outpatient Treatment
Inpatient addiction treatment near Tampa is when patients are admitted into a hospital or residential facility for an extended period of time. This type of treatment is usually reserved for individuals with an addiction to drugs or alcohol or those with mental health issues. Inpatient treatment allows individuals with these specific issues to focus on recovery without distractions from family, friends, and work obligations.
Outpatient addiction treatment is when patients attend therapy sessions at a clinic or doctor’s office instead of being admitted to a hospital or residential facility. Outpatient therapy allows people with addictions or mental health issues to get support from professionals while also keeping their lives relatively normal by attending school or working part-time jobs while they get help recovering from their struggles with addiction or mental illness.
The benefits of inpatient treatment include the following:
- A safe and comfortable environment where you can focus solely on your recovery
- Access to 24/7 medical attention if needed
- The ability to avoid the triggers that may have contributed to your addiction
- A chance to develop new coping skills and tools for dealing with stress and negative emotions
- The opportunity to spend time with others who are also recovering from an addiction can help you feel less alone in your struggle and help you form supportive relationships that will last beyond the program
Tools and Resources for Addiction Recovery in Hyde Park
“They gave me plenty of tools and also encouragement on my journey of sobriety,” he says.
There are many tools and resources that can help you maintain sobriety. Some of these include:
- Therapy for both addiction and underlying mental health issues includes cognitive behavioral therapy and dialectical behavioral therapy.
- Counseling: Both one-on-one as well as group counseling
- Support groups, such as Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA) are organizations that offer peer support through group meetings and one-on-one counseling.
- Developing healthy coping skills: trigger management and coping techniques will help patients better manage temptation, urges, and pressures.
Addiction recovery treatment is not a one-size-fits-all approach; every person who comes to WhiteSands has different needs and requirements. The clinicians and therapists provide a broad range of services and treatment options that can be tailored to meet your specific needs.
Getting Into Addiction Treatment Today
If you or someone you love is struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, contact the intake and admissions team at WhiteSands Alcohol and Drug Rehab today. Taking the first step toward recovery is often the most difficult but it is necessary to take if you want to regain control of your life once again. WhiteSands Alcohol and Drug Rehab offers around-the-clock help so individuals can reach out when they need help the most to achieve addiction recovery in Hyde Park.
“I came there wounded lost and in need of love and understanding, I’m leaving full of courage and blessings,” he states.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.