As you navigate the recovery process, it’s helpful to remember that you’re not alone, which is why some people find themselves turning to addiction recovery quotes for inspiration. Thinking about the words of those who have experienced similar struggles can provide valuable motivation and encouragement, and at Tampa Drug Treatment Center, our patients often learn inspirational recovery quotes to help them work through their addiction. In fact, many patients even write their favorite recovery quotes down on pieces of paper and carry the quotes with them as they go through their days.
Inspirational Addiction Quotes
Some of our patients’ favorite quotes include:
- “You can get the monkey off your back, but the circus never leaves town.” (Anne Lamott)
- “You know you’re an alcoholic when you misplace things … like a decade.” (Paul Williams)
- “If you know someone who tries to drown their sorrows, you might tell them sorrows know how to swim.” (H. Jackson Brown Jr.)
- “First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you.” (F. Scott Fitzgerald)
- “Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs one step at a time.” (Mark Twain)
- “All the suffering, stress, and addiction comes from not realizing you already are what you are looking for.” (Jon Kabat-Zinn)
- “Sometimes you can only find heaven by slowly backing away from hell.” (Carrie Fisher)
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” (Theodore Roosevelt)
- “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” (Henry S. Haskins)
- “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” (Henry Ford)
- “You can’t go back and make a new start, but you can start right now and make a brand new ending.” (James R. Sherman)
- “It’s not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it’s not possible to find it elsewhere.” (Agnes Repplier)
- “When the past calls, let it go to voice mail. Believe me, it has nothing new to say.” (Unknown)
Turning Words Into Actions
Recovery quotes like these can help you to have a more positive frame of mind and feel less alone as you go through addiction treatment, but to make an effective recovery, you’ll need more than just words. If you are ready to make positive changes in your life, call us to speak with a highly trained counselor who can give you a free clinical assessment and begin to formulate a customized treatment plan that can help you successfully overcome alcohol or drug addiction.
At our private facility, we offer a safe place to regain control of your life as well as dual-diagnosis treatment that addresses the complexities of struggling with addiction alongside a mental health issue. Once you get started at Tampa Drug Treatment Center and begin overcoming drug addiction, quotes on addiction may become part of your arsenal of tools to help you stay on the right path and avoid a relapse, alongside the other coping skills and strategies you’ll learn here.
Don’t wait to start writing your own success story. Call now, 24/7, to get started.