Understanding the importance and benefits of a customized drug rehab treatment regimen
Although there is no cure for addiction, it is possible for addiction to be effectively treated and managed. The key to a successful treatment, is ensuring your treatment plan is unique and customized to meet your unique needs. Although many addicts are in need of the same services, all recovering addicts should not receive the exact same treatment plan. Taking a cookie cutter approach when creating a treatment plan, is a recipe for an unsuccessful recovery. However, a customized drug rehab treatment plan can yield very powerful results.
Why Is A Customized Drug Rehab Treatment Plan Important?
A customized drug rehab treatment plan is important because it caters to the individual needs of the person in recovery. By catering to this person unique needs and not adopting the attitude that the same treatment plan will work for everyone is what makes a treatment plan effective. Customized and individualized treatment plans are important because they are created after an individual undergoes a complete assessment of their current drug use, history of drug use, physical and mental health. Only when an assessment like so is created will individuals be able to be provided with a truly personalized drug rehab plan. These types of customized plans are important because they are able to focus on the individual condition, needs, and goals of the individual.
Principles of Effective Treatment
According to The National Institute on Drug Abuse, the following principles should form the foundation of an effective alcohol and drug treatment programs:
- Understand that addiction is a complex, treatable disease which affects behavior and functioning in the brain
- No single treatment is right for everyone
- Individuals should have quick access to treatment
- Effective treatment should address all of the unique needs of the individual
- It is vital to stay in treatment for a long enough time
- Counseling and other behavioral therapies should be the most commonly used treatment approaches
- Medication can be an important component of treatment, especially when used in combination with behavioral treatment approaches
- Treatment should address any possible co-occurring disorders
- A medically assisted detox is solely the first stage of treatment
- An individual does not have to voluntarily enroll in treatment for it to be effective
- Continuous monitoring of drug use during treatment is vital
- Treatment programs should always test individuals for diseases such as HIV/AIDS, hepatitis B/C, and other infectious diseases. As well as educate individuals on how to reduce their risk of incurring any of these diseases.
Choosing The Right Alcohol and Drug Treatment Programs
Choosing the right alcohol and drug treatment programs for yourself or your loved one isn’t always an easy task. Although there are many treatment centers to choose from, some centers may offer alcohol and drug treatment programs which fail to suit your needs. When choosing a treatment center to enroll in, it’s important to select an establishment that will cater to your unique needs and provide you with a personalized drug rehab experience. Some other factors to take into consideration when selecting drug and alcohol treatment programs to enroll in include:
- Forms of payment accepted
- Services Available
- Average Length of Stay
- Inpatient or Outpatient Treatment
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.