Frequently Asked Questions About WhiteSands Treatment Center
If you are looking for an answer to a question that is not covered in the following guide, please feel free to contact our team of experts by calling (239) 319-4658. Every call is confidential, and we are happy to answer any questions you might have about our facility, our treatment programs or our policies.
Where is White Sands Treatment Center?
Our inpatient facility is located in Tampa, Florida where you can enjoy a beautiful climate all year round. The peaceful and beautiful setting at White Sands encourages a positive outlook and provides plenty of opportunities to relax outdoors. If you would like to learn more about Our Facilities and see pictures of our center, please explore the rest of our site.
How Should I Begin Making Travel Arrangements?
The staff at White Sands Treatment Center helps facilitate travel from within the United States to our facility. We will obtain location information and begin the process of investigating the best and most cost effective methods of your arrival and report back to you. We can help coordinate your transportation from the Airline Terminal to our location, where you will arrive and begin your journey on the path to a clean and sober life. We will meet you in an unmarked car to aid in your discrete arrival at our facility, leaving your travel arrangements stress and worry free.
How can I be sure that this is a reputable place to go for addiction treatment?
White Sands holds accreditation and licenses that confirm that the care provided meets stringent state regulations. We have every confidence in our dedicated team of staff members; every doctor, nurse, therapist and counselor is highly qualified, empathetic and specially trained to facilitate the recovery of people who need help with alcoholism or drug addiction. We also take a proactive approach to advancing the knowledge of our staff members, with staff receiving frequent, additional training to ensure that all of our treatments are fully up-to-date. If you want to read the opinions of real patients we have led towards recovery, please visit our Client Testimonials page.
Why should I choose White Sands as the place for my recovery?
Whether you have a problem with prescription drugs, illicit drugs or alcohol, here are many reasons why our treatment center is the ideal location for your rehabilitation. For example, we provide:/
- Highly customizable treatment plans that are tailored to the specific needs of our patients
- Treatment protocols that preserve the privacy and dignity of our patients
- Board certified doctors, nurses, psychiatrists and counselors who have the specialist training to provide high quality, compassionate treatment
- A constant monitoring process that ensures that treatment programs will be updated as necessary
- Follow-up treatment, including a sober living community designed to further recovery
- Family programs that help to educate loved ones and heal damaged relationships
- Specialized treatments that can help patients to deal with grief, dual diagnosis, trauma, and gender-specific issues
- Healthy food and a customized program of exercise
- A supportive, close-knit community of people who enjoy games, trips, sports, crafts and yoga (among other recreational activities)
What is your success rate?
Individual success rates will depend on a wide range of interrelated factors. However, many of the patients who thrive in the environment provided by White Sands, have certain things in common that tend to dramatically increase the chances of recovery. It is vital to make sure that you enter the right treatment program, which is why we place such an emphasis on an extensive assessment process. This assessment is designed to uncover the background information necessary to maximize each patient’s chances of success.
The staff at White Sands also reassesses the needs of patients on a regular basis, adjusting treatment if required. Additionally, if you put the maximum amount of effort into getting the most out of your program, then you are naturally more likely to benefit from your time at the treatment center. A large part of such effort involves speaking openly and honestly in therapy, where you will gain the valuable skills essential to reducing your likelihood of relapse in the future.
Studies have shown that patients who stay at White Sands for a longer period of time are more likely to succeed. Therefore, we advise that you are diligent when it comes to deciding on the length of your stay. Finally, aftercare is hugely important to recovery. To maintain sobriety in the long term, we strongly advise that patients continue to attend support groups and therapy sessions long after their rehab treatment program has ended. To encourage this, we schedule regular alumni events, where former White Sands patients can discuss their progress and obtain advice if they run into any difficulties.
Do you provide care that is tailored to other specific issues experienced by patients?
Yes. When we carefully design and customize every treatment program, we take a wide range of factors into account. Some of the issues we are equipped to address include (but are not limited to) gender, sexuality, profession, medical conditions (such as chronic pain disorders), previous trauma, and age.
What should I bring to White Sands?
We recommend that you pack the following:
- Personal hygiene products such as deodorant, toothpaste, shampoo and shower gel. Please note that you cannot bring any products that contain alcohol and they must be new and unopened.
- Clothing for seven to ten days, which you can wash in our laundry facilities. Ideally, these clothes should be comfortable and appropriate for wearing in the company of the other patients in the center. This means that shirts with confrontational or offensive messages should be avoided, as well as revealing clothing. Workout clothes will be useful, as we offer exercise programs that can help to facilitate recovery.
- Books and magazines may help with your recovery. Motivational books are especially useful.
- Guests are encouraged to use their ATM/Debit cards to place money on their patient account for store purchases (Please note, shopping requests are only facilitated once a week).
- Do not bring any over-the-counter medications. Prescription medications must be brought in original containers.
- It is crucial that you also bring any and all health information documentation that you have on your current health status and information regarding any current conditions you are being treated for. Your health insurance card will also be needed for processing upon your arrival.
Is smoking permitted at the treatment center?
We provide designated smoking areas that you can use. However, this is not meant to indicate an active endorsement of smoking. We encourage a healthy lifestyle, and we are happy to help you stop smoking while you are in rehab. Just let our medical team know if you would like to take advantage of this opportunity.
If my loved one is at White Sands, can I call to check on their progress?
Due to HIPAA laws, we cannot provide you with any information until your loved one signs a disclosure authorization form giving our staff permission to talk to you about the progress. After this is done, you will be able to speak to one of our counselors. In addition, we also offer family programs. If your loved one wants you to take a more active role in their treatment or feels that you could benefit from family counseling and education, we would be more than happy to involve you in such a program.
You deserve to be free from the devastating cycles of drug and alcohol addiction. Call (877)860-3748 to talk to our team of alcohol and drug treatment specialists about why White Sands is the perfect place to recover.