Information for finding drug detox help in Tampa, Florida: Why Is Detox Important?
Detox is one of the first steps on your path to recovery, or at least it should be. When making the decision to stop using drugs or alcohol, enrolling in detox treatment is vital. A medically supervised detox can ensure your safety as you transition through withdrawal. Attempting to stop using drugs or alcohol cold turkey can yield very dangerous consequences. The purpose of a medically assisted drug detox is to safely manage the symptoms of withdrawal associated with stopping the use of substances. During detox, an individual’s body is being cleansed of all of substances and toxins to readily prepare them for the next phase of treatment. However, detox is just the first step in treatment and cannot solely help recovering addicts successfully achieve recovery long term. It is important to continue treatment upon completion of detox as a means to ensure a complete recovery. We stress the importance of continuing treatment to each of our clients. Getting drug detox help in Tampa, Florida is the perfect place to start.
Signs Your Loved One Is In Need of Drug Detox Help in Tampa FL
If you are concerned that your loved one is struggling with a drug and/or alcohol abuse problem, there are certain signs and symptoms you can observe for. Common signs and symptoms of a drug or alcohol abuse problem include:
- Loss of control over substance use
- Using substances to self-medicate
- Neglecting responsibilities and commitments in relation to substance use
- Experiencing adverse health effects in relation to substance use
- Experiencing troubles in relationships with friends and family
- Experiencing symptoms of withdrawal when substance use has been reduced or stopped
- Experiencing legal troubles
- Experiencing financial difficulties
- Unsuccessful attempts to stop using substances
- Lack of upkeep of personal hygiene and physical appearance
- Developed tolerance for substances causing the need to use the substance in larger amounts and/or more frequently
- Isolating oneself or withdrawing from friends and family to conceal substance use problem
If your loved one has exhibited multiple signs from the list above, there’s a high probability that they need to seek professional help.
Stages of Detox
A medically supervised detox is a very intricate process which requires multifaceted treatment. We provide each of our clients with an individualized detox plan to ensure all of their unique needs are met. At our detox center Tampa, our clients go through three phases in our detox treatment program. The three phases include:
Evaluation: In this phase, we conduct evaluations and assessments on our clients as a means to compose an effective treatment plan.
Stabilization: In this phase, our clients are provided with assistance and support as they transition through their process of withdrawal. During this time, clients are provided with medications and counseling services as needed.
Guidance into Treatment: In this phase, we begin to readily prepare our clients to transition into their next course of treatment.
These three phases of treatment assist in preparing each of our clients for a smooth transition into their next line of treatment. Throughout each phase, we closely monitor our clients to ensure their safety and comfort.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.