Inpatient alcohol rehab in Tampa can help you restore your life and end your alcohol addiction for good.
Alcohol treatment centers in Tampa help many people recover from an alcohol addiction. Although outpatient treatment can be successful for some individuals, inpatient treatment is generally more effective, according to research. Inpatient alcohol rehab in Tampa can help you reclaim your life through a variety of engaging treatment therapies.
Inpatient vs. Outpatient: Is Inpatient Alcohol Rehab in Tampa For You?
Inpatient and outpatient treatment are the two main options for rehab. Inpatient treatment is essential if you:
- Have a long history of addiction.
- Have a severe addiction.
- Have been through rehab before.
- Are addicted to opioids.
- Have an unsafe or unstable living environment.
- Have a co-occurring mental illness.
Inpatient treatment offers a number of benefits over outpatient drug and alcohol treatment centers in Tampa. These include:
- Around-the-clock support and supervision.
- The ability to focus solely on recovery.
- A structured environment.
- A safe place to live while in rehab.
Outpatient treatment can be successful for those who:
- Have a high level of motivation to recover.
- Have a stable, safe place to live.
- Have a strong support system at home and in the community.
- Are in good physical and mental health aside from the addiction.
- Have transportation to attend daily sessions.
Inpatient Alcohol Rehab in Tampa Starts With Medical Detox
If you’ve developed a dependence on alcohol, the first step of inpatient alcohol rehab in Tampa is medical detox. Dependence is characterized by withdrawal symptoms that set in when you stop drinking. For alcohol, these include nausea and vomiting, headache, anxiety, and insomnia. In some cases, a dangerous condition known as delirium tremens, or DTs, can occur, causing seizures, hallucinations, and dangerous shifts in heart rate and blood pressure. Medical supervision during detox from alcohol is important for your safety, comfort, and sense of wellbeing during withdrawal.
Holistic Alcohol Treatment Centers in Tampa Offer Better Outcomes
Detox only addresses the physical dependence on alcohol. Addiction is far more complex and generally requires intensive therapy.
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration stresses that a holistic approach to addiction treatment offers the best outcomes. A holistic program through WhiteSands Treatment addresses issues of mind, body, and spirit for whole-person healing. Since there are countless pathways to recovery, a successful holistic program will develop an individualized treatment plan that addresses your unique needs and issues.
Holistic treatment involves a variety of traditional and complementary treatment therapies. Traditional therapies are those which have been shown through research to be effective for treating addiction. These include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy, which helps you identify self-destructive thought and behavior patterns and replace these with healthier ways of thinking and behaving.
- Motivational interviewing, which helps you identify your own reasons and motivation for quitting.
- Family therapy, which helps you repair damaged relationships and restore function to the household.
Complementary treatments are those that have been shown through research to be effective for treating addiction when used along with traditional therapies. Common complementary therapies include:
- Biofeedback, which helps you learn to control your body’s response to stress.
- Massage therapy, which promotes calm and relaxation and improves the functioning of your body’s systems.
- Nutritional therapy, which addresses physical and mental health issues through nutrition.
Treatment works for most people who engage in their treatment plan. WhiteSands Treatment can help you develop the skills and strategies you need for successful long-term recovery. Through inpatient alcohol rehab in Tampa, you can find purpose and meaning and improve your quality of life and sense of well being.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.