Addiction treatment programs aren’t created equal. Top addiction treatment centers have a proven track record for treating addiction, and they adhere to the industry’s best practices protocol and utilize research-based treatment therapies. Choosing from the most successful rehab programs is essential for getting the top-notch addiction treatment you need to succeed for the long-term.
A Holistic Approach is Crucial
Top addiction treatment centers take a holistic approach to treatment that addresses issues of body, mind, and spirit. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration stresses that there is no single pathway to recovery. Every individual has unique needs and issues that need to be addressed, and individualized treatment is essential for the best possible outcomes.
A high quality treatment program will address the multiple needs of an individual, which may include offering:
- Dual diagnosis treatment for co-occurring mental disorders.
- Access to medical care to ensure health problems are treated.
- Educational or vocational assistance to help you get the education or training you need to succeed in sobriety.
- Family therapy to help repair damaged relationships and restore function to the household.
- Life skills training to help you master things like budgeting your money.
- Nutritional counseling to help you improve your diet for successful recovery.
What the Most Successful Rehab Programs Have in Common
The best drug rehab centers in Florida will adhere to the Principles of Effective Treatment, which were drafted by the National Institute on Drug Abuse and provide essential guidance for what make a treatment program effective. These include acknowledging that:
- Addiction is a complex but treatable disease.
- No single treatment is right for every individual, and matching treatment to the individual’s needs is essential for success.
- An individual may have multiple needs that must be addressed for the best outcome.
- Providing treatment for an adequate period of time–90 days is recommended–is crucial for successful recovery.
- Research-based behavioral therapies should be the foundation of addiction treatment.
- Medication-assisted treatment, particularly for opioid addiction, is effective for treating addiction and dependence.
- An individual’s treatment plan must be continually re-assessed and modified as needed to meet changing and emerging needs.
- People who are addicted to drugs or alcohol often have a co-occurring mental illness, and this must be addressed through integrated addiction and mental health treatment.
- Medical detox, the first step of treatment, does little to address the more complex addiction and should always be followed by high quality treatment.
- Monitoring and testing for drug use during treatment is crucial for ensuring individuals stay sober while in rehab.
Finding Top Addiction Treatment Centers in Florida
You may be aware that there are some unethical players in Florida’s addiction treatment industry. While legislation was recently passed to address fraudulent treatment programs, knowing how to choose the best drug rehab centers in Florida is essential for getting the high quality treatment you need and avoiding becoming a pawn in an insurance scam. Here are some tips for finding the top addiction treatment centers.
Choose a program that:
- Is licensed by the state.
- Is accredited by a trusted third-party accrediting body.
- Employs only licensed and credentialed staff.
- Offers individualized treatment plans.
- Takes a holistic approach to treatment that includes both traditional and complementary therapies.
- Uses only research-based therapies and best-practices protocol.
- Has a low staff-to-client ratio.
- Offers a comprehensive aftercare program once treatment is complete.
A high quality, holistic treatment program will help you address a range of issues that underlie your addiction through a variety of treatment therapies, and it will help you develop the skills you need to stay sober for the long-term. WhiteSands Treatment has a proven track record for successful treatment. Our holistic programs can help you end an addiction for good while improving your life on many fronts.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.