Get Help for Alcoholism through the Fort Myers Programs for Alcohol Treatment
While alcohol is an accepted part of our society, alcoholism is something that can have a great negative impact on the user’s life and the life of those close to them. According to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, around 9.8 million men and 5.3 million women had alcohol use disorder in 2015. The Fort Myers programs for alcohol treatment readily accept people into rehab that are looking to change their life and break free from the struggles of addiction.
In this article, we will look at the signs that can help to uncover an addiction in a loved one or make one aware of an addiction in themselves, and what treatment is available at the alcohol rehab centers Fort Myers has.
Common Signs of Addiction
A person who has become addicted to a substance such as alcohol often uses it as a means to cope with various aspects of their life. As such, the addict is naturally inclined to continue with their abuse because they feel that it is a necessary part of their life. Becoming aware that you may have an addiction or that a loved one may have become addicted to alcohol can help to establish the need for Fort Myers programs for alcohol treatment.
The commonly exhibited signs that occur in alcoholism cases include the following:
- Hiding the alcohol abuse – Denial is one of the most common problems with most addicts. They don’t believe that they have a problem and usually hide their drinking from others. Lying about when you drank or how much you drank is common.
- Blackouts – Heavy drinkers often have blackout experiences. It is common for addicts to drink to the point where they “blackout”, unable to remember what happened.
- Drinking in risky situations – At the top rated alcohol rehab centers, such as White Sands Treatment Centers, alcoholics often report drinking in risky situations or times they really shouldn’t. This includes drinking before or at work, in school and before driving.
- Drinking to cope – A common reason behind the need to drink for alcoholics is to cope. The alcohol consumption occurs in response to stress and trigger situations when there is a lack of healthy coping skills.
- Shrugging off responsibilities – Addicts that come into the alcohol rehab centers Fort Myers has usually have problems with meeting their responsibilities, such as family and work obligations, because of their drinking.
- Withdrawal and cravings – A person who is experiences cravings and withdrawal symptoms when they don’t drink alcohol is likely dealing with an alcohol dependence problem.
Due to the dangers of alcoholism on a person’s health, caused by withdrawal symptoms and the damage that the alcohol does to the body, finding Fort Myers programs for alcohol treatment is vital to recovery. It can be difficult and sometimes seemingly impossible to quit drinking alone.
Fort Myers Programs for Alcohol Treatment
At one of the top rated alcohol rehab centers such as White Sands Treatment Centers, a person trying to overcome alcohol dependence can be given the tools they need to succeed. The tools will not only help them to come to terms with their initial recovery but help them to stay sober after they leave the facility.
Research-based treatments such as cognitive-behavioral therapy are utilized to explore and deal with the issues that have led up to the alcohol abuse. Through proven therapy, including medications proven to help in the treatment of alcohol use disorder, addicts can be given a second chance at a healthy, sober life.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.