Florida addiction treatment centers help countless individuals end an addiction and restore their lives.
Addiction touches every corner of your life, from your relationships and finances to your physical and mental health and personal goals. Addiction is characterized by compulsive drug use despite negative consequences. If you’re addicted, you’ll find that even if you want to or try to, you can’t seem to stop using drugs or alcohol. High-quality Florida addiction treatment centers like WhiteSands Treatment offer a holistic approach to treating drug and alcohol addiction, and research shows that most people who engage with their treatment plan successfully recover for the long-term.
Inpatient vs. Outpatient Treatment
While outpatient treatment can work for some people, inpatient rehab facilities in Florida offer the best outcomes. Inpatient treatment is essential for those who have:
- A long history of addiction or a severe addiction.
- A co-occurring mental illness or history of mental illness.
- An unsafe or unstable living situation.
- Little support at home or in the community.
- Little personal motivation to recover.
Inpatient rehab facilities in Florida offer a number of benefits over outpatient treatment. Inpatient treatment:
- Allows you to focus solely on recovery without external stressors or triggers getting in the way.
- Provides a high level of around-the-clock supervision and support.
- Provides a structured environment that promotes healthy lifestyle choices and good habits.
- Offers the opportunity to develop healthy relationships with peers in recovery.
Choosing from high-quality Florida addiction treatment centers is essential for the best possible outcomes. Look for accreditations, and make sure the clinical staff are licensed by the state and trained in the addiction field.
Medical Detox: The First Step in Treatment
Medical detox is essential for safely and comfortably withdrawing from drugs or alcohol once you’ve developed a dependence. Dependence is characterized by withdrawal symptoms that set in when you stop using, and it’s caused by changes in brain function as the brain attempts to compensate for the frequent presence of drugs or alcohol in the body.
Reputable Florida addiction treatment centers will offer medical detox to help the process along. During medical detox, which is supervised by medical professionals, a variety of medications are used as needed to treat withdrawal symptoms and reduce the time it takes to detox. Complementary therapies like restorative yoga, massage, acupuncture, and mindfulness meditation are often used in high-quality detox programs to improve your mood, sleep, health, and wellbeing.
The Best Rehabilitation Centers in Florida
Medical detox ensures comfort and safety during withdrawal, but it doesn’t do much to address the addiction, which is far more complex than dependence. Once detox is complete, treatment for the addiction begins.
The best rehabilitation centers in Florida take a holistic approach to treatment that addresses issues of body, mind, and spirit. This whole-person approach is the most successful, according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
Addiction is a highly complex disease that results in changes in brain structures and functions. These brain changes affect thought and behavior patterns, leading to dysfunctional thinking and behaving. Additionally, addiction almost always has underlying causes, like stress, trauma, or mental illness.
Addiction treatment requires intensive therapy, and a range of both traditional and complementary therapies should be offered for the best outcomes of treatment. Therapy helps individuals:
- Identify and change self-destructive or self-defeating thought and behavior patterns.
- Develop essential coping skills for dealing with cravings, stress, and other triggers for relapse.
- Address and resolve the underlying issues behind the addiction.
- Address and treat any co-occurring mental illnesses.
- Learn to have fun and relax without drugs or alcohol.
- Find purpose and meaning in a life of sobriety.
- Repair broken relationships and restore healthy functioning to the family unit.
Once treatment is complete, an aftercare plan is developed for you based on your unique needs and issues. The aftercare plan will include ongoing therapy and may include a stint in sober living, educational or vocational assistance, legal help, or other services to help you restore your life and move forward successful in sobriety.
WhiteSands Treatment is one of the best Florida addiction treatment centers in south Florida, offering high quality, holistic treatment involving a number of research-based traditional and complementary therapies. We can help you successfully end an addiction to drugs or alcohol for good. After all, research shows that treatment works, and it can work for you.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.