Tampa inpatient addiction rehab helps individuals end an addiction for good.
When you decide to seek professional help for an addiction, you have a number of decisions to make, and one of these is whether to enter outpatient or inpatient drug rehab. In general, Tampa inpatient addiction rehab offers the best possible outcomes of treatment, but for some people, outpatient rehab can also be successful. Choosing the right treatment setting for you is essential for successful recovery.
Outpatient vs. Inpatient Drug Rehab
Outpatient drug rehab involves living at home and attending treatment sessions at a rehab facility during the day. Inpatient rehab involves living at inpatient drug rehab facilities while receiving treatment.
Choosing Tampa inpatient addiction rehab is essential for people who:
- Have a long history of addiction.
- Have been through rehab before.
- Have an unstable or unsafe living environment.
- Have a co-occurring mental illness like anxiety or depression.
- Have limited support at home and in the community.
Tampa inpatient addiction rehab has a number of benefits over outpatient rehab, including:
- The ability to develop healthy relationships with others in recovery.
- A high level of support, structure, and routine.
- Around-the-clock supervision and support.
- The ability to focus solely on recovery while in treatment.
Outpatient rehab isn’t appropriate for everyone, but it can work for people who:
- Have a high level of intrinsic motivation to recover.
- Have a safe, stable living environment.
- Have a high level of support at home and in the community.
- Are in good physical and mental health aside from the addiction.
- Have reliable daily transportation to the outpatient facility
Outpatient rehab has a number of benefits over inpatient rehab, including:
- A lower cost than inpatient treatment.
- The ability to continue living at home and working, attending school, or caring for the family.
- The opportunity to put learned skills and strategies to use right away in the “real” world.
How to Choose the Right Treatment Program
If you’re not sure whether inpatient or outpatient rehab is best for you, an addiction counselor or other mental health professional can help you decide, based on your unique needs and circumstances.
The most important thing is to choose a high quality program that takes a holistic approach to treatment. A holistic program, according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, offers the best possible outcomes of treatment. It involves both traditional “talk” therapies and complementary therapies, such as art therapy or nature therapy.
A holistic treatment program provides individualized treatment plans that address issues of body, mind, and spirit to help promote whole-person healing from addiction. This includes helping individuals:
- Address a variety of underlying issues, such as chronic stress, a history of trauma, or a co-occurring mental illness.
- Develop essential coping skills for dealing with cravings, stress, and other relapse triggers.
- Repair damaged relationships and help improve the functioning of the household.
- Identify dysfunctional thought and behavior patterns and learn healthier ways of thinking and behaving.
- Learn healthy communication and interpersonal skills for better relationships.
- Find intrinsic motivation to recover.
- Learn to have fun and relax without drugs or alcohol.
- Find purpose, meaning, and authentic happiness in a life of sobriety.
Tampa inpatient addiction rehab should offer clean, comfortable inpatient addiction rehab facilities. High quality inpatient programs will provide a range of amenities that help clients feel at home and offer opportunities for relaxation and fun. Amenities include recreational facilities like a swimming pool or tennis courts; workout facilities; serene outdoor spaces for reflection and enjoying nature; and comfortable communal spaces that promote healthy, enjoyable social interactions.
High quality inpatient addiction rehab facilities will employ licensed, experienced, and knowledgable staff, and the best programs will be accredited by a third-party accreditation body that has examined and evaluated the program, staff, operations, and facility to ensure it meets the highest standards in the industry.
Tampa inpatient addiction rehab works for most people who engage fully with their treatment program. Treatment helps restore lives on many fronts, and it can help you achieve personal satisfaction and happiness in your life without the need for drugs or alcohol.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.