Ending an addiction is hard work, but Clearwater programs for alcohol treatment increase your chances of successful recovery.
Alcohol addiction affects all areas of your life, from your relationships and finances to your legal status and physical and mental health. If you’ve tried to end your addiction on your own and found that you can’t seem to do it, don’t worry: You’re not alone, and it has nothing to do with the strength of your character. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, ending an addiction almost always requires treatment–willpower and good intentions are rarely enough to quit drinking for the long-term. Clearwater programs for alcohol treatment through WhiteSands Treatment help many people in Clearwater and beyond end their alcohol addiction for good. Here’s what you need to know.
Inpatient vs. Outpatient Alcohol Rehab
The two main types of alcohol treatment are inpatient and outpatient treatment. Depending on your unique needs and issues, medical and mental health care professionals will help place you in the appropriate program.
Inpatient treatment involves living at a residential facility while in rehab. Inpatient treatment enables you to focus solely on recovery, and it offers a high level of support and supervision during early recovery. Inpatient treatment is essential for those who have:
- An unsafe or unstable living environment.
- A severe addiction or a long-term addiction.
- Little support at home or in the community.
- Have little motivation to recover.
- Been through rehab before.
While WhiteSands Treatment doesn’t offer inpatient treatment in Clearwater, our high quality Tampa and Fort Myers facilities do.
Outpatient alcohol rehab involves living at home while receiving rehab programming during the day at an outpatient center. Outpatient Clearwater programs for alcohol treatment enable you to continue working, going to school, or taking care of your family while in rehab. But outpatient treatment isn’t right for everyone. In order to benefit from outpatient treatment, you should have:
- A safe and stable place to live.
- A high level of intrinsic motivation to recover.
- A high level of support at home and in the community.
- Good physical and mental health aside from the addiction.
How Outpatient Clearwater Programs for Alcohol Treatment Work
During outpatient treatment, you’ll receive anywhere from nine to 20 or more hours of programming each week, depending on which of the Clearwater programs for alcohol treatment is right for you. Treatment involves a variety of both traditional and complementary therapies that address a wide range of issues. Through therapy, you will:
- Identify destructive thought and behavior patterns and learn new, healthier ways of thinking and behaving.
- Develop essential skills for coping with stress, cravings, negative emotions, and other triggers for relapse.
- Address the underlying causes of the addiction, which often include a history of trauma, chronic stress, and mental illness.
- Repair damaged areas of your life, including relationships, finances, health problems, and legal issues.
- Learn to relax and have fun without alcohol.
- Find purpose and meaning in a life without drinking.
Addiction is highly complex, and treating it is a matter of getting to the bottom of a number of issues. Treatment helps you not only quit drinking alcohol, but it also helps you improve your life in many ways. It helps you find and maintain motivation to recover, and it gives you the knowledge, skills, and resources you need to enjoy long-term recovery.
Clearwater programs for alcohol treatment can help you end your addiction once and for all while improving your quality of life and sense of wellbeing for the long-haul.
Outpatient Alcohol Programs Near Me
If you’ve Googled “outpatient alcohol programs near me,” you’ve probably gotten many results that are nowhere near you. That’s because it can be hard to find quality outpatient treatment programs in smaller cities, but WhiteSands Treatment is trying to fix that. Our outpatient programs across the state enable people to get help for an addiction without having to leave home or move into a residential center. If outpatient treatment is an option for you, WhiteSands Treatment can help you recover from your addiction right here in Clearwater.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.