New Port Richey Alcohol Recovery Programs: When Treatment is Needed
The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, charged with understanding the impact of alcohol abuse on people’s wellbeing and health, reported that over 15 million adults in the United States were facing alcohol use disorder in 2015, which is the abuse, dependence and addiction to alcohol in all of its forms. In the New Port Richey, FL area, alcohol recovery programs are available at WhiteSands that can aid alcoholics and their families with therapy and treatment.
In this article, we will explore when it’s time to get help by examining the DSM-V guidelines for alcohol use disorder, and explore how the WhiteSands New Port Richey outpatient alcohol recovery programs can aid in overcoming the disease.
Alcohol Use Disorder Defined
Alcohol use disorder can affect anyone; it is a disease that affects both men and women, and people of all ethnicities, age groups, and social statuses. The disease is classified in the DSM-V, which is a diagnostic manual for mental disorders. In it, it states that if a person were to answer yes to two or more of the following questions based on the last 12 months of their life, then they have alcohol use disorder, and treatment options for alcoholism should be considered.
The questions are as follows:
- Tried to stop or just cut down, but struggled?
- Do you drink more than you want to or planned for?
- Do you crave alcohol?
- Is much of your time spent getting alcohol, drinking, and recovering?
- Does your drinking, or recovering from drinking cause problems in your work, family, or social life?
- Even though you are aware of problems that drinking is causing in your family or friends, did you carry on drinking?
- Have you stopped or cut back on things that used to give you pleasure, such as hobbies?
- When alcohol wears off, do you find yourself experiencing symptoms of withdrawal, such as anxiety, insomnia, restlessness, sweating, shakiness, and depression?
- Do you have to drink more alcohol now than before due to tolerance?
- Even though you have memory blackouts and other problems with your mental health such as anxiety or depression, do you still drink?
- Do you drink in risky situations?
Alcohol Outpatient Treatment Near Me: New Port Richey and the Surrounding Areas
If you answered yes to two or more of the above-mentioned questions, or are concerned that a loved one has developed alcohol use disorder, and live in or around the New Port Richey area, then now is the time to consider alcohol outpatient treatment near me such as the WhiteSands facility.
One of the most popular treatment options for alcoholism is outpatient treatment. This is because not only do you get the best possible evidence-based treatments made available to you by qualified professionals, but you also retain your autonomy, or freedom, to be able to see to things such as school, work, or taking care of family. This coupled with being able to be better supported by your loved ones in treatment and a reduction in the cost of treatment at an outpatient facility, it makes outpatient care one of the most favored forms of treatment.
Alcohol recovery programs at WhiteSands include the following:
- Medical detox options, usually through the inpatient WhiteSands facilities
- Therapy and counseling on the individual level
- Therapy and counseling in a group setting
- Treatment for co-occurring mental disorders
- Specific alcohol recovery programs
- Tailor-made treatment plans.
If you are looking for alcohol recovery programs in the New Port Richey are in Florida, then contact the WhiteSands facility in Palm Harbor at (877) 855-3470, or the facility in Spring Hill at (877) 855-3470.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.