Can You Go To Rehab While in School in Gainesville?
College Life, Stress and Addiction
Stress is inherent throughout college life for most students. Not only are you attending demanding classes with a load of new responsibilities, but you are also going through a significant life transition. Many students live away from home for the first time in their lives, and others are experiencing financial stress or nervousness about new social situations. While exciting, these times can also lead many students to drug and alcohol abuse to cope with pressure or anxiety. If an addiction to alcohol or drugs occurs, going to rehab while in school is possible at our Gainesville treatment facility.
If you or a loved one are struggling with addiction, call WhiteSands Alcohol and Drug Rehab today at 877.969.1993 to learn how we can help.
Common Addictions Amongst College Students
Common addictions amongst college students in Gainesville include:
- Alcohol: alcohol abuse is the most common type of drug abuse in colleges across America.
- Adderall and other stimulants: often touted as “study drugs,” these can quickly become addictive, with difficult withdrawal symptoms.
- Ecstasy: contrary to what some people believe, ecstasy is addictive and can cause permanent damage to your brain.
- Benzodiazepines (benzos): addictive and extremely dangerous, drugs like Xanax, Valium and Ativan require a medical detox to quit safely once physical dependence is formed.
Going to Rehab While in School in Gainesville
Going to rehab while in school is something you can do. It does not even have to interfere with your studies. Through a rehab program, you will be able to:
- Stop using drugs and alcohol
- Gain new sobriety and recovery skills
- Learn new ways to cope with stress
- Find the underlying cause of your addiction
- Deal with trauma and mental illness
- Gain new life and career skills
Outpatient Rehab for Students in Gainesville
If you or your family are asking, “Can you go to rehab while in school in Gainesville?” the answer is yes, through an outpatient rehab program for students. Outpatient programs will work around your busy schedule to not sacrifice your grades or worry about losing financial aid.
What Is Outpatient Rehab Like?
At WhiteSands Alcohol and Drug Rehab, we offer an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) that lasts for 30 to 90 days, depending on your individual needs, and is three sessions of one-hour groups, three days (or nights) per week. You will also have a life skills guide who will check in with you daily for a full 90 days and will have the opportunity to meet with a one-on-one therapist when you need to. You will also be able to schedule follow-up psychiatric and medical appointments, with access to case management services like life-skills development and resume building.
Types of Outpatient Rehab Programs
Outpatient rehab has three main categories:
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP): the PHP is a day/night program that usually lasts for 10 to 20 days. It is a transition between inpatient care and an IOP program with high levels of support as patients slowly regain freedoms, living inside our out of our facility but spending entire days in treatment.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP): as mentioned above, this is a flexible program that can be scheduled outside your school hours so you can continue going to class and attending important seminars and activities while receiving treatment and living outside our facility.
- Outpatient Program (OP): After your IOP program, you will retain connections with our sober community and have the ability to schedule appointments with the same medical and psychiatric doctors you have gotten to know. This provides greater continuity of care throughout the rest of your life.
WhiteSands Outpatient Rehab in Gainesville
Students in Gainesville can count on the WhiteSands team for an integrated, holistic approach to drug detox and rehab for students going to rehab while in school. We offer medically assisted treatment (MAT) programs to allow you to detox without suffering unnecessarily, and our outpatient programs are fully customizable, ensuring you are getting the very best addiction treatment for your unique needs. While going to rehab while in school, we can help you learn new ways to cope with stress, providing healthy strategies to help you live a healthy, balanced life without using drugs or alcohol. Contact our admissions team today to learn more about entering an IOP program for addiction. We are here to help you.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.