Do You Know The Signs Of Addiction To Drugs?
Illegal drug stories fill the news, and the victims of these drugs fill the hospital emergency rooms. For many, an overdose is a death sentence. Many parents are unaware their child is addicted to drugs they first tried at a party. Family members are unaware their parent is now addicted to the prescribed pain pills he or she was given following surgery. There are some signs to alert you to the possibility someone you love is addicted to drugs.
Signs Of Addiction To Drugs
If someone you love is addicted to drugs, you will see marked changes in his or her behavior. There are numerous signs that indicate an addiction problem. People lose control and take more drugs than they intended after promising themselves they won’t do it again. Watch for these behavioral signs of addiction to drugs:
- School work suffers, and some students drop out.
- Job performance slips, and too many missed days results in termination.
- An individual will take risks to get drugs that can result in serious legal problems.
- Bills aren’t paid on time and frequently not at all in order to use the money to purchase drugs.
- Addicts will borrow money, but seldom pay it back because there is always a need for more drugs.
- Stealing from friends, family, and even the workplace is another way addicts get money for drugs.
- Relationships fail as the addict spends more time with others who are also using drugs.
- An addict is very secretive about where they are going and who they are spending time with.
- An addict often has unexplained injuries.
- A person using drugs loses interest in his or her appearance and often neglects showering, caring for teeth, and may wear the same clothes for several days.
- When addicted to drugs, a person will continue using them even though he or she knows the harm it is causing.
WhiteSands Treatment Centers in Tampa and Fort Myers are among the best addiction care facilities in the country. Their state-of-the-art treatment programs include the best traditional therapies and holistic alternative therapies. At WhiteSands the body, mind, and spirit are all treated to achieve long-term recovery.
Drug Addiction Signs
There are physical drug addiction signs that can tip you off to the existence of a problem.
- Unusual sleeping habits
- Increase or decrease in appetite
- Increase or decrease in energy
- Jaw clenching
- Slurred speech
- Watery and bloodshot eyes
- Flushed skin
- Extreme talkativeness
- Increase or decrease in weight
If you notice any of these physical changes in someone you love, it is likely due to a drug addiction. Sometimes a person will admit they have a drug problem when confronted. Convincing a loved one to get help is easier when they don’t deny they have a problem. If there is hesitation on the part of your loved one, WhiteSands in Tampa and Ft. Myers also provides intervention services.
Drug Addiction Treatment
Drug addiction treatment saves lives. The numbers of deaths caused by drug overdose are climbing, and every drug abuser is a potential fatality. Without treatment, a person addicted to drugs has a poor chance for a meaningful life. At WhiteSands Treatment Centers, patients get a new chance at a happy and successful life. Starting with a safe medical detox, patients continue on with rehab and therapy as they learn to deal with the issues in their lives that trigger the misuse of drugs. In many instances there is a co-occurring disorder diagnosis, which are both treated at WhiteSands. All patients receive superior clinical and medical care.
Putting off rehab can be costly if someone you love ends up in the emergency room. Get help for your loved one today by calling WhiteSands at (877) 855-3470.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.