Addiction Amongst College Students
The college lifestyle involves many stressful situations for many reasons. Between difficult classes, being away from home, new responsibilities, and financial stress, it is no wonder many students turn to drugs and alcohol to cope. Due to the social norms of many colleges, numerous students do not realize they are developing an addiction to the “study drugs” they are using to stay up late or the daily alcohol or marijuana abuse until it becomes a real problem in their lives. But if addiction has set in, it’s essential to know that you can go to rehab while in school in Kissimmee at WhiteSands Alcohol and Drug Rehab.
Options for Going to Rehab While in School in Kissimmee
If you think you need to go to rehab while in school in Kissimmee, there are options you can consider, including what type of treatment you can attend. For flexible treatment that allows you to go to rehab while in school in Kissimmee, there are three main categories:
- Partial Hospitalization Program: the PHP is usually a short-term day/night program that lasts for 10 to 20 days, acting as a transition between inpatient detox and an IOP program. During PHP, you would live outside the facility but come in for full days of treatment, so you would likely need to arrange time away from school for this portion of your treatment.
- Intensive Outpatient Program: the IOP is a flexible program that can be scheduled around class times so you can continue attending school, seminars, and activities while receiving the treatment you need.
- Outpatient Program: after your time in IOP is complete, you can remain connected with our sober community and have the option of continuing with groups, individual therapy, and scheduling appointments with the same medical and psychiatric doctors you have been working with to maintain a continuity of care.
Outpatient Rehab in Kissimmee
At WhiteSands Alcohol and Drug Rehab, we have an Intensive Outpatient Program that will work for many students dealing with drug and alcohol addiction while in school. It is a 30-to-90-day program, consisting of:
- Three sessions on one-hour groups, three days/nights per week, depending on your school schedule
- Daily check-ins with a life-skills guide for 90 days
- One-on-one appointments with a therapist
- Access to medical and psychiatric care, depending on your individual needs
- Access to case-management services like resume building and life-skills development
- The ability to continue with treatment in a less-structured outpatient program once your time in IOP is complete
Outpatient Rehab vs. Inpatient Addiction Treatment
During inpatient treatment, you live inside a rehab facility full-time, with structured daily living, surrounded by peers who are also in detox and rehab programs. The days are filled with intensive, tailored programs, including groups, health care, one-on-one therapy, and medication-assisted treatment. In the evenings, you have free time, all within the confines of a safe and sober environment.
In outpatient treatment, you live outside of the facility and commute in. Outpatient programs are much more flexible and customizable than inpatient, but you must take more responsibility for your actions. For students, that would include going to class, doing your homework, and studying, while remaining drug and alcohol free and ensuring you attend all meetings, groups, and other programming in your rehab program. Outpatient treatment is recommended to those highly motivated in their treatment who do not require 24-hour supervision or medical care.
Benefits of Outpatient Rehab for Alcohol and Drugs
If you choose to go to outpatient rehab for alcohol or drug addiction, on top of getting the right kind of help you need to stop using drugs and alcohol, without interference in your class schedule, you will also:
- Learn new ways to cope with stress and anxiety, including peer pressure
- Deal with the underlying root of your addiction, dealing with mental health and trauma
- Pick up new life skills and career skills, including sobriety and recovery skills
- Get the help you need without having to drop out or sacrifice financial aid and scholarships
Find Out if Going to Outpatient Rehab While in School is the Right Option for You
If you are ready to stop depending on drugs and alcohol and want to go to rehab while in school in Kissimmee to get control back over your life, contact WhiteSands Alcohol and Drug Rehab to find out whether outpatient rehab is the right option for you. Our addictions experts will gladly help you figure out a program that will fit your busy life and get you the help you need. Please don’t wait until addiction ruins your life; call us today to start your road to recovery.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.