The Importance of a Community-Centric Approach to Drug Detox
Addiction thrives on loneliness and secrecy, which is why building a healthy sober community is one of the top goals at WhiteSands Huntington drug detox facility. Having strong support as you work through some of the most difficult days of your life can make all the difference in your ability to move on from the past and create a more positive future.
A community-centric approach emphasizes personal connections, empathy, communication, and support not only from trained doctors and therapists, but also from peers, and people living in your community. Through group therapy sessions, 12-step programs, peer support groups, and fun social gatherings, patients can make new sober friendships, live a healthier lifestyle, and feel connected to others in meaningful ways. Sponsors, friends, counselors, mentors, and community leaders will stand behind you, every step of the way, from detox, through rehab and beyond.
Involving more of the community in rehabilitation can bring people together, and on a larger scale, it can ensure access to resources and health care, and can encourage more equitable community and government decisions regarding policies, drug enforcement, psychiatric care, and medical access.
Key Features of Effective Drug Detox Facilities in Huntington
The following are the key features of a top drug detox facility. Huntington residents may want to look for treatment centers that offer:
- Evidence-based treatments – The reason you are going to rehab is to quit using drugs and alcohol. Choosing a rehab center that provides you with care that uses therapies and care that have been scientifically proven to work will give you the best chance at achieving a full recovery.
- Customized treatments – No two individuals are alike, and it only makes sense to create tailored treatment plans to help each person thrive based on the types of substances they have been using their health needs, and any mental health conditions they may have. Some people may require prescription medications, while others may need 24/7 medical oversight to stay safe as they detox. A full evaluation before treatment will make sure you are getting the right type of care for your unique needs.
- Medication-assisted treatment and medical detox programs – detoxing from certain drugs can feel impossible without extra help, and at some points can become painful, frightening, and even life-threatening. Choosing a detox center that provides full-time medical care, prescription medications, and drug tapering programs will keep you safe, and stop you from suffering the worst symptoms as you detox.
- Experienced, licensed staff and accreditation – Detoxing can be a nerve-wracking experience, so knowing that your caregivers are all up to date on their medical licensing and certifications and that the treatment center has been accredited can put your mind at ease, knowing you will have top-quality care.
- An easy transition into rehab – Detoxing is only the first step in a long treatment process. Inpatient or outpatient rehab comes next, and having a treatment center that offers a seamless transition into your long-term treatment plan will make things much easier for you.
- Luxury amenities – while not top of the list when it comes to addiction treatment, staying in a treatment center that promotes relaxation, comfort, and wellness will lift your spirits. A comfortable living space, and amenities like swimming pools, gyms, and games rooms will make your time in detox easier and may motivate you to work harder in therapy.
Understanding the Drug Detox Process in Huntington
At WhiteSands, we offer a top-rated drug detox program, which includes the option of a medication-assisted treatment (MAT) program if needed. We use a holistic approach to care that takes your unique needs into account. Through a thorough screening process, we will learn all about your history, your medical treatment needs, mental health issues and trauma, and anything else you would like us to know.
Once the treatment plan has been formulated and you agree, you will check into your private room immediately, and continue the admission process. Your tapering-off of all substances starts immediately, as will any medical care, psychiatric care, and medication management. A nurse will check in with you frequently.
Within the first 48 hours of detox, you will also meet with your primary therapist and an addictionologist. This will be part of your daily routine, making sure everything is going well, and you are healthy.
Our whole-patient approach to treatment includes more than medical care and monitoring. You can expect healthy food, rest, counseling, and the option to include holistic methods like stretching or mindfulness to be incorporated into your detox process. You can also join group therapy right away if you wish, but this is not required. The average stay in our detox program is five to ten days, but this varies based on individual needs. Once you are ready, you can move on to rehab.
Tailoring Detox Programs to Individual Needs in Huntington
At WhiteSands, we know that you are an individual whose needs are unique to you. You have lived a full life, with plenty of positive and negative experiences that have shaped who you are, and you also have unique health concerns, and a substance use history we need to understand before creating your personalized treatment program.
During your screening, you can tell us your recovery goals or let us know about practical issues you are facing. Our first objective when you join us is to get to know you, and then collaborate with you to build a treatment plan that you will be willing, or even excited, to work on and follow through with. Together we can create a program filled with group and individual therapy, counseling, life skills training, healthy living options, behavioral therapy, relapse prevention programs, holistic healing, and medical care that will not only help you overcome addiction but will also give you a new outlook on life.
Overcoming Challenges in Drug Detox with Huntington’s Resources
Some of the biggest challenges a person can face during drug detox include:
- Difficult withdrawal symptoms
- Fear and anxiety
- Mental health issues
- Facing self-doubt and other difficult emotions
At the WhiteSands Huntington drug detox center, our team is trauma-informed, caring, and experienced. They understand some of what you are going through and will be there for you, 24 hours a day if you need them.
We strongly believe that our patient’s comfort comes first, and will do all we can, through medical interventions, prescription medications, counseling, healthy food, and holistic healing options, to keep you as comfortable as possible. You can also join in on group therapy, speak with a professional addictionologist, or have quiet time to yourself as your body works hard to remove toxins from your system.
Accessing Aftercare and Ongoing Support Post-Detox in Huntington
After completing their time in our drug detox facility, Huntington residents are encouraged to move directly into a longer-term rehabilitation program, where the real work of addiction treatment can begin.
At WhiteSands, there are several customizable options to choose from. Most people can benefit from spending some time inside an inpatient rehab program at first, away from the stress, triggers, and temptations of daily life. You will live inside the treatment center full-time, learning new healthy habits, attending full days of therapy and treatment programs, and then relaxing as a guest in the evenings and enjoying our luxury amenities.
We also offer several outpatient programs, helping those returning home to transfer their new sober skills into everyday actions. You may choose our Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP), our Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP), or a customized outpatient plan designed to suit your lifestyle. Staying in touch with a sober community is one of the best ways to reinforce the lessons of rehab, months or even years after your program is complete. Along with outpatient rehab programs, your personalized aftercare options may include:
- Local 12-step groups or peer support services
- Continued doctor and therapy appointments
- Virtual alumni meetups and daily online check-ins
- Our 24-hour hotline that you can call any time
Navigating Your Options: Choosing a Drug Detox Facility in Huntington
When searching for the right Huntington drug detox for yourself or a loved one, you may find yourself overwhelmed. There are hundreds of detox centers throughout the state, each claiming to be the best. So how do you choose?
Some features you may want to look for include:
- An accredited rehab center – check whether the treatment center has accreditation from the Joint Commission and state-run bodies that determine safety and quality of care.
- Licensed, credentialed doctors, nurses, therapists, etc. – During detox, it is not safe to put your health in the hands of an unlicensed “healer.” Medical care may be necessary, and prescription medications can keep you safe from symptoms like seizures, high blood pressure, and high fever as your body detoxifies. It is always safer to choose a treatment center with a real medical team available.
- A full continuum of care – Finding a treatment center that offers more than a couple of weeks of detox will give you the best chance of achieving a full recovery. The easier it is to receive evidence-based therapies in an inpatient or outpatient setting, the more likely you will be to follow through and continue down the path of sobriety.
At WhiteSands, we take a whole-patient approach to healing that addresses your physical health, as well as your mental, emotional, behavioral, and social well-being. Our programs are customized and can lead you through detox, rehab, and beyond, with strong support every step of the way.
Whether you are simply curious about the treatment process or are ready to start detoxing now, you can call our experts at (877) 855-3470 for a completely confidential conversation. We can tell you more about our luxury amenities, our flexible outpatient treatments, or how our medical detox programs can keep you safe as you detox. We are here to help you, day and night.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.