Drug Addiction Treatment Methods: Approaches Used and How to Find the Right Care for You in Tampa
If you are suffering from the pain and isolation caused by an addiction to alcohol or drugs, the next natural step is to seek treatment. However, many individuals find themselves confused or unsure of where they can get help for their disorder, and it can be hard to discern fact from fiction. Rehabilitation involves much more than a quick overnight visit, and there are many different types of rehab designed to accommodate patients with different needs, preferences, and medical histories. Knowing more about what to expect can make getting treatment easier.
Why Are There Different Treatment Approaches for Drug Addiction?
Addiction affects millions of Americans every year, but each and every addiction develops for reasons that are immensely personal to the individual. There is no single treatment or program that is universally effective against addiction. Instead, there are several different treatment approaches for drug addiction, and patients have the ability to select the program best suited to their own unique needs. Determining the ideal form of treatment typically involves an evaluation by a trained addiction specialist, but a preliminary understanding of the various types of drug addiction treatment methods can help addicts and their families decide on a general manner of care.
Drug Addiction Treatment Methods Used in the Tampa Bay Area
- Inpatient: One of the most common Tampa addiction treatment methods is inpatient treatment, wherein a patient remains at the rehab facility for the full duration of their program. An inpatient program usually includes a medical detox, allowing the patient to pass through withdrawal in a safe and comfortable way, and intensive individualized and group therapies.
- Outpatient: Outpatient programs require patients to travel to the facility for their medication or counseling on weekdays and depart afterward. While this method allows patients to continue to work or meet family obligations, it does make it more difficult to focus exclusively on recovery.
- Alternative Treatment: Alternative treatment programs may be included in both inpatient and outpatient models but stand apart in terms of their creativity and their focus on self-expression and bodily well-being. Examples include art therapy, guided yoga sessions, and chiropractic treatment.
- Sober Living: Intended to supplement the completion of an inpatient or outpatient program, sober living allows patients to continue their recovery in a home environment with the support and encouragement of those who are at similar stages of healing.
- Peer Support Groups: While a professional rehabilitation program is recommended for the brunt of recovery work, peer support groups like AA and SMART Recovery can be invaluable assets to life outside of rehab. They provide a network of like-minded peers and offer a means of regular accountability, helping those in recovery remain committed to their goal of a sober lifestyle.
Other Factors in Determining the Right Program
When you’re ready to get help in Tampa, addiction treatment methods are important to consider, but this is not the only factor in whether or not the rehabilitation will be successful. Patients should feel safe and relaxed during their treatment, and the environment and staff of a rehab facility can play an invaluable role. At Tamp Drug Treatment Center, our private facility is staffed by board-certified doctors, nurses, and psychiatrists, all of whom are dedicated to the well-being of those they care for. We endeavor to make families feel welcome even before treatment begins, offering a free clinical assessment and a 24/7 phone line to help potential patients find all of the information they need to make an informed decision about their care.
Call today or fill out our form here and start the recovery process with the support and expertise of one of the top treatment facilities in the Tampa Bay area.