WhiteSands NFT Collaboration Provides Financial Assistance for Addiction Treatment
NFT Project Donates a Portion of its Proceeds to Help Fund Addiction Treatment
In early 2022, WhiteSands announced we had partnered with the Bored Mummy Waking Up NFT project in an effort to help raise awareness of substance use disorder and to help break the stigma still surrounding treatment. Bored Mummy Waking Up donated a portion of its proceeds to a fund that would be used to provide financial assistance for addiction treatment for people in dire need.
If you or a loved one are struggling with addiction, call WhiteSands Alcohol and Drug Rehab today at 877.969.1993 to learn how we can help.
What is an NFT?
Non-fungible tokens (NFTs) are unique units of data, often images, that are stored on cryptocurrency blockchains – in this case, on the Ethereum blockchain. The fund that was created through the partnership between Bored Mummy Waking Up and WhiteSands has given people who would not otherwise have been able to afford rehab the opportunity to go to the #1 Addiction Treatment Center in Florida.
How the Cryptocurrency-Backed Fund Has Helped So Far
So far, the fund that was started early in 2022 has already helped six people access addiction treatment less than three months into the year.
- A mother of three was struggling with addiction and a difficult financial situation. Without health insurance, she was unable to afford the cost of detox to start her recovery. Thankfully, the WhiteSands NFT fund was able to help her attend WhiteSands inpatient medical detox rather than a state-funded program.
- Another recipient had experienced a death in the family which led to a relapse and the loss of her job. When she reached out to WhiteSands she could not afford her insurance deductible. The financial assistance fund was able to cover the cost of her deductible, allowing her to become a patient at WhiteSands and get the help she so desperately needed.
- A man who was struggling with depression and substance abuse after the death of a loved one was unable to hold a job. He too could not afford the deductible his insurance required to cover the cost of treatment. WhiteSands was able to cover his deductible so that he could begin treatment at WhiteSands and receive the mental health and addiction treatment that he needed.
- Another man realized it was time to seek help when he was involved in a drunk driving accident. Between the cost of court fees and the loss of his car which resulted in the loss of his job left he was unable to pay his insurance deductible. WhiteSands’ NFT fund was able to provide financial aid to cover his insurance deductible so that he could get the help he needed.
- A woman who lost her job as a result of addiction was required to get professional help before she could return to work. The loss of income left her unable to afford her insurance deductible. Thankfully, WhiteSands was able to step in and cover the deductible so she could start treatment and begin to work toward rebuilding her life.
- Another man was on the brink of losing everything due to addiction. He was estranged from his family who said they could only begin to repair their relationships if he got treatment. Unable to hold a steady job, he could not afford anything toward his deductible so WhiteSands stepped in and covered the cost so that he could get started right away.
Addiction Treatment at WhiteSands
Aspects of these stories will be familiar to anyone who’s experienced addiction and recovery. The downward spiral of substance abuse often leads to broken family ties, job loss, and financial strain. Fortunately, there are times when others are in a position to help. The positive results from the collaboration between WhiteSands and Bored Mummy Waking Up are inspiring. WhiteSands hopes to continue helping people in desperate need of financial assistance to get addiction treatment through the NFT fund. If you would like to support the NFT project or know of someone in need of addiction treatment, even if that person is you, then call WhiteSands today.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.