Understanding Inpatient Rehab in Orlando
When considering inpatient and outpatient rehab, look at the benefits of both. First when looking at inpatient rehab, the patients enroll in a facility and stay there for the duration of their treatment. Inpatient treatment can vary, depending on how severe the addiction is affecting the patient. It can last from 30 days to 6 months. The main focus of inpatient rehab in Orlando is giving the patients a facility to reach recovery without any outside distractions of everyday life. Since it’s inpatient treatment, patients have 24/7 care throughout the day and are monitored by medical professionals and staff at the rehab center. It’s a benefit to have hands-on care throughout the day as doctors can help with preventing relapse and helping patients combat the triggering feeling of cravings.
Top Inpatient Rehab Center in Orlando
WhiteSands Treatment offers residential rehab treatment. They have a location in Orlando and the rehab facility provides a medical and holistic approach to addiction treatment. WhiteSands Treatment has researched that long-term treatment is important when trying to fully recover and live a sober life again. Patients who go through inpatient medical detox but refuse to continue treatment after that almost always go back to using the substance they were addicted to. If patients don’t continue treatment after medical detox, there’s a higher likelihood that they will relapse and have an addiction to drugs or alcohol. That’s why many patients choose inpatient addiction treatment, so they can undergo treatment and be in a comfortable setting that helps with blocking out distractions that can be triggering to someone going through recovery.
Understanding Outpatient Rehab in Orlando
Outpatient treatment is the complete opposite of inpatient treatment. Outpatient treatment only happens when patients are scheduled to come in for treatment and do not have the 24/7 care that happens when you stay in a facility. There are also usually intensive outpatient program options for patients that need to return back to their busy lives of school or work, so they can only commit to a few days per week. Outpatient rehab is also the best fit for people who have a less severe case of symptoms for their addiction or can’t afford to stay in a facility for months. Most of the sessions patients attend during outpatient rehab focus on relapse prevention, psychoeducation, and individual and group counseling. Outpatient rehab lasts around the same amount of time as inpatient rehab it just depends on how severe of a case. It’s also important to note that someone going through recovery is always in recovery and should continue getting mental health therapy and seeking support groups.
Top Outpatient Rehab Center in Orlando
WhiteSands Treatment is a top outpatient rehab center that has a location in Orlando. The facility specifically offers an intensive outpatient treatment program. No matter what part of the recovery process you are in, WhiteSands Treatment does a thorough assessment of your history and health to tailor the best outpatient program for your needs. Part of the intensive outpatient rehab in Orlando is going to the facility three days a week and undergoing intense cognitive behavioral therapy. After the three full days of treatment during the day, patients have the luxury of going back home to relax and rest up for the next months or so that they will endure their recovery treatment. There are many benefits of choosing an outpatient rehab facility over an inpatient treatment program, which are:
- Cost of program: The cost of an outpatient program is much less money than investing in an inpatient program due to not housing you and providing food and other services you would get if you lived in the facility for a month or so.
- Allows you to continue with your regular life: Since you go home after treatment, you can continue to go to school or work and keep up with friends and socialize.
- Be able to see family members during treatment: Although there are visiting hours for family and friends for people in inpatient facilities, people who are enrolled in outpatient treatment don’t have limited times or days they can see their family and friends during their treatment program.
Differences between Inpatient and Outpatient Rehab in Orlando
The main difference between inpatient and outpatient rehab in Orlando is that patients receive treatment and stay in the facility for inpatient treatment and for outpatient treatment patients go home after receiving the treatment for the day. Both types of rehab have benefits, it just depends on what fits your needs best. Some of the benefits of inpatient care are:
- Step back from daily responsibilities: These responsibilities would include work, parenting, and any relationships you have personally.
- 24/7 care: If there’s any possibility of relapsing or feeling triggered by cravings, inpatient rehab facilities like WhiteSands Treatment have staff on call throughout the day that can help avoid or treat the discomfort and triggers.
- Away from triggers: None of the triggers of being near alcohol or places where patients used to get drugs won’t be able to get to or be around as they stay in the facility which is supervised 24/7.
The benefits of enrolling in outpatient rehab in Orlando are:
- Recover in your own home: After going through treatment the whole day, you get to relax and recover at home and not be in a different living area.
- Less money for treatment: Getting treatment not in an inpatient facility makes the treatment to be a lot less money. You don’t have to pay for living there or the food and other amenities given to people who stay at an inpatient facility.
- Don’t have to continue living at home: After treatment, patients don’t have to live at home if they feel more comfortable moving into a sober living home. A sober living home is a house you share with other people who are in recovery and are sober and you all have a house that is clean of alcohol or drugs. It can be an easier transition to the real world after continuous months of treatment when there’s support from others going through a similar situation and away from triggers in the home.
What is the difference between inpatient and outpatient rehab in Orlando?
The main difference between inpatient and outpatient rehab in Orlando is that inpatient has the patient staying in the facility during the duration of their treatment and outpatient care allows patients to go home after treatment is done for the day.
Who is a good candidate for inpatient rehab in Orlando?
Inpatient rehab in Orlando is best for people who have a severe case of addiction that needs 24/7 care and discipline of supervision to help them stay on track to recovery.
Who is a good candidate for outpatient rehab in Orlando?
Outpatient rehab in Orlando is a great option for people who can’t afford inpatient treatment and need something close to home. This person also ideally doesn’t have a severe form of addiction that needs supervision and 24/7 care like inpatient facilities cater to.
How can I decide which rehab option is right for me or my loved one?
The best way to figure out if outpatient or inpatient rehab is best for you or your loved one is by weighing out the benefits and the specific needs. If you need a treatment program flexible so you can continue working or going to school, the patient should choose an outpatient treatment program.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.