Outpatient Rehab in Florida
What Is Outpatient Rehab for Drugs and Alcohol?
Outpatient drug and alcohol rehab is a broad term for several levels of care in which you live outside of the treatment center, attending various meetings, therapy appointments, and groups throughout the week. These programs are usually customizable to some degree, allowing you to gradually return to life’s responsibilities like work or school as you remain in a structured treatment program in a supportive environment.
If you or a loved one are struggling with addiction, call WhiteSands Alcohol and Drug Rehab today at 877.969.1993 to learn how we can help.
Benefits of Going to an Outpatient Rehab in Florida
Benefits of outpatient alcohol and drug rehab programs in Florida include:
- They are usually more affordable than inpatient treatments
- They are flexible and can work around your schedule
- They allow you to continue working, taking care of your family, etc
- You can live at home, allowing you access to family support
Types of Outpatient Rehab Programs in Florida
At WhiteSands treatment centers in Florida, we offer several levels of care that can be provided as you live outside of the rehab facility. These are:
Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
PHPs occur for 10-20 days, 5+ hours/day, 6 days/week. In the PHP, you will:
- Live in community housing or return home, depending on individual circumstances
- Slowly begin to take on responsibilities like cooking for yourself and other everyday activities
- Attend highly structured group therapy five hours per day, five to six days per week
- Have multiple individual therapy sessions, and a weekly psychiatrist visit
- Meet your outpatient therapist and primary care physician
- Begin to administer your own medications, with access to nursing staff if needed
- Have lunch provided to you, but you must take care of your own breakfast and dinner
- Have access to some of the amenities inpatient residents have, like a personal trainer and fitness/boxing programs
- Participate in sober outings
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
IOPs last from 30-90 days, 3+ hours/day, 3 days/week. During the IOP, you will:
- Attend group therapy three days/nights per week for three one-hour sessions
- Have individual sessions and follow-up appointments with a therapist
- Meet, and have follow-up appointments with a psychiatrist
- Have continued medical care, including prescription refills
- Meet with a life-skills guide who will check in with you for a full 90 days
- Use our case management services for life skills development and/or help finding work
Outpatient Program (OP)
In the WhiteSands Florida rehabs outpatient program, you will control your drug and alcohol abuse treatment program, schedule therapy and doctor’s appointments, and attend groups on your own terms. The outpatient program is designed to keep you connected to all the services and resources you need (twelve steps, SMART recovery, etc.) and a supportive sober community, so you never feel alone in your recovery.
With all our outpatient substance abuse treatment programs, there is the option to live in a sober living home or sober residence if you do not have a stable or sober-friendly place to live with support from friends and family members.
Inpatient vs. Outpatient Rehab
Inpatient rehab is a more intensive program where you live inside the rehab center full-time for 30 to 90 days. The main benefit of inpatient rehab is the change in the environment you get from staying inside the treatment facility. Many people suffering from substance use disorders who are surrounded by the same people, places, and temptations are much more likely to relapse than those inside a residential treatment center. More severe addictions like opioid addiction usually require a minimum stay of 30 days in residential drug rehab.
The inpatient drug or alcohol rehab days are structured and filled with programs, therapy, and groups. At WhiteSands Alcohol and Drug Rehab, our luxury rehab centers also have amenities like a full boxing gym with trainers, spa services, and swimming pools, treating you as our guest in the evenings.
Outpatient treatment for drug and alcohol abuse and other types of addiction is less intensive, with many customizable levels of care (partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, outpatient drug rehab). The best course of action for many patients struggling with substance abuse is to complete the entire continuum of care, moving from medical detox through inpatient rehab and into outpatient rehab at a WhiteSands rehab center in Florida. This will reduce the risk of relapse, provide you the time and space to change deeply ingrained habits and behaviors, and give you the recovery tools you need for long-term success.
Find out about the meth recovery rate in our blog below:
WhiteSands Outpatient Rehab Centers
WhiteSands operates two inpatient Florida drug and alcohol rehab facilities and fourteen outpatient treatment centers throughout Florida. We provide residents (and those traveling for addiction treatment) the recovery programs, medical detox, dual diagnosis, holistic treatment, and behavioral therapy they need, whether you live in West Palm Beach, Florida, Fort Lauderdale, Lake Worth, Pompano Beach, Boca Raton, or are looking for beachside rehab or sober living options and recovery programs in South Florida.
Our addiction recovery outpatient centers are just the thing you or your loved ones need if you seek treatment for a mild substance abuse problem and do not have a co-occurring mental illness or health problem that may benefit from an inpatient residential rehab program. For more information on our programs and to check insurance providers’ data to determine which type of treatment plan is right for you, call WhiteSands Alcohol and Drug Rehab today.
If you or a loved one needs help with abuse and/or treatment, please call the WhiteSands Treatment at (877) 855-3470. Our addiction specialists can assess your recovery needs and help you get the addiction treatment that provides the best chance for your long-term recovery.